question on: gaffer tape: Advance Gaffa AT200

Status
Not open for further replies.

codling

Aug 21, 2003
eastside...
triggerhappy.official.ws
hi,
just got a roll of Advance Gaffa AT200 from PPCP site.
its a Ultra Matt Cloth Gaffa Tape thats made in the UK (said so on the label)
but the fabric and texture is different from the one i used to get from Canturn's MO.
also, when i peeled off the tape, i notice that the glue is not as uniformed as i thought it would be normally. gaffered the tripod mount area and would check in a week later to see how sticky it would be.

has anyone got experience using this gaffer from PPCP?

but the fabric and texture is different from the one i used to get from Canturn's MO.

i believe that is the Apollo brand. not Gaffa.

think canturn was Apollo.

I just bought Gaffa as well..some CS'er said that it is too strong..will peel of the pain beneath...so be careful on painted surfaces....sigh..

i believe that is the Apollo brand. not Gaffa.

yes, i think so. what i am saying is that the texture of Gaffa and Apollo is vastly different.
Gaffa doesnt feel that cloth like.
anyway, stuck at the tripod mount area. will see how in a few days.

btw, even Apollo will leave glue residue if stuck on for too long.
esp. at the edges of the tape.

damn.
i just saw the thread you referring to.
how can PPCP that sells photographic products offer this kind of gaffer?!
disappointing! whats worse, i just stripped off the old tape, now my cam is nekkid! :sweat:

think canturn was Apollo.

I just bought Gaffa as well..some CS'er said that it is too strong..will peel of the pain beneath...so be careful on painted surfaces....sigh..

Are there any places in Singapore you could buy Apollo gaffer tape?

Alternatively any online shops? I believe the official (?) website http://www.internetapollo.com/Products/ProductLineMemberView.aspx?pl_id=17 does not sale directly.

i communicated with a tape supplier in the states dealing with twenty over gaffer brands.

in her opinion was that even gaffer tapes, most commonly used in theatre/production works to stick any thing, cables etc, all gaffers if left long enough stuck to something will still leave a residue no matter what brand is used. perhaps there might be a need to re-gaffer one's equip once every few months.

i communicated with a tape supplier in the states dealing with twenty over gaffer brands.

in her opinion was that even gaffer tapes, most commonly used in theatre/production works to stick any thing, cables etc, all gaffers if left long enough stuck to something will still leave a residue no matter what brand is used. perhaps there might be a need to re-gaffer one's equip once every few months.

There is... even with Apollo gaffer tape, I make it a point to re-gaffer my camera every 3 - 4 months...

There is... even with Apollo gaffer tape, I make it a point to re-gaffer my camera every 3 - 4 months...

i took mine out after a year or so.
residue caused by the edges of the tape were left on the cam body. had a hard time removing them.
grip is a little sticky now :confused:

anyway, will continue with my experiment. it'll stay on the cam base plate until 2 weeks later.

how's the outcome with PPCP's gaffa tape?

was sticky but doesnt seem to stay on the base plate for too long. the tripod plate took off a bit of the gaffer and there was some residue left but it wasnt like entirely removable.
i stuck on a fresh piece just last nite. as the "trial" was inconclusive, i will check again after a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.