Status
Not open for further replies.

garytanbw

Apr 4, 2004
n522519373_1031539_7856.jpg

ISO 800
f2.8
1/80

Evening timing.... Just saw 2 bikes facing each other...... And trying out the tamron 17 - 50mm lens... I tried shooting another picture by focus lock on the back scooter and then reposition to this position again... why I still dun get what I expected (Bokeh front and focus on the Scooter)? The outcome still same as this pic, sharp on the forward bike...Sorry kinda noob qns... I comfirm the settings in right, and focus lock positive on the green scooter.... Something that I miss out or dunno?

Last edited:
You need to press your shutter half way and then compose your image. This always werx for me though.

Looks more like the male bike looks away, not very engaging, doesn't view from the latter's perspective. Because if it's body language, he'd be turning away, disinterested. That's just my view.

That is what I did ah.... Half shutter focus lock, ensure the symbol for the focus lock is there then recompose the picture... Snap... But still turn out focus on the Male bike..

Looks more like the male bike looks away, not very engaging, doesn't view from the latter's perspective. Because if it's body language, he'd be turning away, disinterested. That's just my view.

Quite true hor... the male bike like looking at the right ah... Sigh....

and your focus must be on one shot focus.
not servo which will refocus if you recompose.

you have 11 AF points, just select the bottom AF point. (bottom because you're shooting in portrait orientation) and do the half shutter press focussing thingamajig (i never found out its reall name) and you'll have it

The male bike is looking on the right and tweaking his left eye lid..

Good idea TS. you should have shot a series!

A longer focal length and a tighter crop may be able to bring the two bike closer. There is some distracting element between the box and handle bar.

you have 11 AF points, just select the bottom AF point. (bottom because you're shooting in portrait orientation) and do the half shutter press focussing thingamajig (i never found out its reall name) and you'll have it

Nvr Thgt of that.... I guess I too used to half shutter focus then recomposed... Under utilised the AF pts....

Status
Not open for further replies.