question on dry cabinet (specifically olympus digi-cab DB-036)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepblue2

Jul 18, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just bought a 2nd hand (but it's brand new, the guy got it as a free gift) digi-cab db-036.

brought it home and plugged it in and it SEEMS to be working fine..

now the questions:

1) there are 2 lights at the dehumidifier. a red one stating 'power' and a green one stating humidity indicator. when i got it, the dial was turned 3/4 more towards low. when i switched it on, both lights came on (current humidity 80%, temp 30C). when i turned the dial to medium, the green light went off. what does that mean? that its not going to dehumidify below the current value?

2) there is no noise coming from the dehumidifier unit (currently grren light is off). is this the way it should be? current humidity indicated is 80%. I want it to go to 50%. It's been on for about 30mins.

3) there is a yellow sponge between one of the fins of the humidifier unit at the back. should it be there or do i need to remove it?

thanks and sorry for the lenghty questions..

deepblue2, i've got the same cabinet, you have to turn the dial to point at around the 2 o'clock position thereabouts and leave it running one night without anything inside before it'll reach the set humidity (should be about 40 to 45 %). You can play around with the knob after that to get to your desired humidity level. The green light just indicates that the unit has reached the set humidity, i think...

I didn't notice any sponge on the back of my fins... :dunno:

tingchiyen said:
deepblue2, i've got the same cabinet, you have to turn the dial to point at around the 2 o'clock position thereabouts and leave it running one night without anything inside before it'll reach the set humidity (should be about 40 to 45 %). You can play around with the knob after that to get to your desired humidity level. The green light just indicates that the unit has reached the set humidity, i think...

I didn't notice any sponge on the back of my fins... :dunno:

hi,

thanks for ur swift response.

when i was typing the msg, the dial was at 12 o'clock position and the green light was off.

after typing (before reading ur msg), i set the dial to about slightly before 3 o'clock position and now the green light is on.

but i'm not sure if the green light indicates it has reached the DESIRED humidity... coz 3 o'clock is a LOWER humidity that 12 o'clock (if i read the dials correctly) and the green light is now ON. does that mean it has reached the desired LOW humidity? humidity is still at 80% now..

no yellow sponge huh? think i'll take it off then.. does look suspiciously out out place there actually.. :dunno:

- EDIT!! -
there is a sticker near the sponge saying "DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT"..
phew.. lucky i saw it.. already removed it but quickly stuffed it back in...

3 o'clock SHOULD give you something slightly below 40%... what's it showing now?

(oops, sorry about the sponge thing... i'll go look around the back of my cabinet and see if it's there...)

tingchiyen said:
3 o'clock SHOULD give you something slightly below 40%... what's it showing now?

(oops, sorry about the sponge thing... i'll go look around the back of my cabinet and see if it's there...)

i'm getting somethig around 45% with the dial just before 3 o'clock (more to 2 o'clock)...

heh heh heh.. the sponge thing.. well yeah.. lucky i saw the sign.. now just wondering if i did any damage to the unit...

Status
Not open for further replies.