question on carrying dslr on plane

skyguy

Feb 20, 2007
North
hi all,

will be going on a backpack holiday soon. Me and my friend decided not to check in any baggage, so everything is carry on. so i have squeeze my tripod into the bag and have no space for my dslr.

not sure if anyone have experience this before, is it ok to hand carry the dslr (with or without toploader aw) through out the flight??

hand carry = not inside plane overhead cabin.. hold on my hand / strap over my neck

oh yea, if u have hand carry with toploader before, do let me know the size/model

Last edited:
skyguy said:
hi all,

will be going on a backpack holiday soon. Me and my friend decided not to check in any baggage, so everything is carry on. so i have squeeze my tripod into the bag and have no space for my dslr.

not sure if anyone have experience this before, is it ok to hand carry the dslr (with or without toploader aw) through out the flight??

hand carry = not inside plane overhead cabin.. hold on my hand / strap over my neck

oh yea, if u have hand carry with toploader before, do let me know the size/model

No problem, can put in a camera bag and put it between yr feet too. They won't stop you from doing that, unless the bag is too big

No problem, can put in a camera bag and put it between yr feet too. They won't stop you from doing that, unless the bag is too big

wat about toploader zoom aw... seem quite big wor??? and my othr camera bag is stealth reporter 300aw

Just put it in between your legs lying down not standing up this way it won't tumble.

ok... so i take it as its ok to use any toploader and just put it on the floor... coz i just dun wan to get into any kind of trouble tats all

I always strap it on neck throughout the flight.

thank you.. i think i will do that too.. i guess this solve my question already... thanks all

skyguy said:
ok... so i take it as its ok to use any toploader and just put it on the floor... coz i just dun wan to get into any kind of trouble tats all

Should be no problem, I always do that with my 7mdh and they have not stopped me before.

Should be no problem, I always do that with my 7mdh and they have not stopped me before.

wow... 7mdh is quite big wor... like tat should also mean my stealth reporter 300aw should have no problem

No issues bringing up. All my barage of lenses n dslr I always handcarry up in my off trail n stealth reporter

good... now i'm much more assure to use my stealth reporter d300aw... can pack slightly more stuff too

BTW what flight u taking? Budget flight might have certain restrictions....

jetstar asia... tat is also something i worry too.. i only know the size of cabin compartment baggage and total weight (everything that u gonna carry onto plane) have to be 10kg

RezzShaz said:

Still ok I guess, normally when I take air Asia, they let me bring it on too

Yes, no problem if you placed it on floor and must be under the seat in front of you, coz there was once I just placed it on the floor but only in-between my feet, moment later, one stewardess kneed down beside me:bigeyes:...:thumbsup:...:bsmilie:...erhmm...yahhh...is to slide/pushed my bag underneath the front passenger's seat...:bsmilie:...well, Thanks her anyway...:bsmilie:

Yes, no problem if you placed it on floor and must be under the seat in front of you, coz there was once I just placed it on the floor but only in-between my feet, moment later, one stewardess kneed down beside me:bigeyes:...:thumbsup:...:bsmilie:...erhmm...yahhh...is to slide/pushed my bag underneath the front passenger's seat...:bsmilie:...well, Thanks her anyway...:bsmilie:

haha sound like i should give that a try too... anyway, i assume the space under the front seat is big enough for stealth reporter d300aw

i once saw a youtube video where the air stewardess ask the passenger to put her item into overhead cabin and the passenger refuse, then in the end the pilot himself ask that passenger to get out of the plane.. can't find the video... can't remember wat airline either, definitely is one tat travel to sg

hope tat doesn't happen to any of us... haha

why didnt i get this service before??? i always place my toploader on the floor between my feet before take off/landing and then pick up and put on my lap after.

haha sound like i should give that a try too... anyway, i assume the space under the front seat is big enough for stealth reporter d300aw

i once saw a youtube video where the air stewardess ask the passenger to put her item into overhead cabin and the passenger refuse, then in the end the pilot himself ask that passenger to get out of the plane.. can't find the video... can't remember wat airline either, definitely is one tat travel to sg

maybe that bag of hers is too big ??

Woahhh...Scary:sweat: is it after the plane take-off:bsmilie:, or before...:sweat:...:)bsmilie:can you imagine this occurred in the Mid-Air flight...:bsmilie:...)