Question on Camera Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

shchow

Dec 13, 2005
Singapore CLEMENTI
spaces.msn.com
hi, guys, I would like to get your advices on camera bag. I'm not sure which to get.

I am using the lowepro bag comes with the E-500 promo. Now, it's not enough space for me to squeeze in the 2 lens (actually i have 3). and a external hardisk. Also, no space for flash.

Any advice for me? I'm thinking of the Lowepro Slingshot 200. Is this a good choice? or the Reporter series is better?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I guess the choice is very personal. I myself use the Nature Trekker AW II and though it is heavy, I get to keep my hands free.

Hacker said:
I guess the choice is very personal. I myself use the Nature Trekker AW II and though it is heavy, I get to keep my hands free.
thanks for the quick feedback.

for the Nature Trekker AW II, is it true that you'll have to put down the bag in order to take something? just curious.

I think it is avisable to get 2 or 3 bags depending on situations.

eg.
To family gathering dinner, a small slingbag would be enough.
Trips to a zoo, maybe a backpack (easier on the shoulder) or larger slingbag
Overseas backpack trip, a larger slingbag since you will have one backpack carrying ur essential items like passports etc.

Just my 2 cents.
:)

shchow said:
thanks burger for the feedback. care to share where can we find that in singapore? thank you in advanced.

Check out here! Wheelock place and paragon.
http://www.crumplersg.com/

Personally, I will choose the Lowepro SR 200 over crumpler. :bsmilie:

thank you very much. Say123 for the info. :) I'm thinking about your idea of having different bags for different occasions. Make lots of sense. Just like the right attire for the right occasion. :)

However, I'm sure my wife will not be happy about it! :(

shchow said:
thanks burger for the feedback. care to share where can we find that in singapore? thank you in advanced.

apart from the crumpler stores that say123 mentioned, you can try tk or john 3:16

also just tell your wife that just like her, you also need various bags for different occassions :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

burger said:
apart from the crumpler stores that say123 mentioned, you can try tk or john 3:16

also just tell your wife that just like her, you also need various bags for different occassions :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
:think: thank you for the tips!!! very valid argument!! :bsmilie:

shchow said:
thanks for the quick feedback.

for the Nature Trekker AW II, is it true that you'll have to put down the bag in order to take something? just curious.

Yes, that is why we have more than a bag for various occasions..... :sweatsm:

shchow said:
:think: thank you for the tips!!! very valid argument!! :bsmilie:

bro,

one point to note. crumpler bags tend to gather a fair bit of dust, cos the bag has higher Velcro Friendly surface area den the Lowe Pro's .

:think: I suppose thats wat the dust buster is 4.

:bsmilie:

chii said:
bro,

one point to note. crumpler bags tend to gather a fair bit of dust, cos the bag has higher Velcro Friendly surface area den the Lowe Pro's .

:think: I suppose thats wat the dust buster is 4.

:bsmilie:

I've got myself a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW. :) Like the design a lot, very practical for my use.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your inputs. :)

congrats!
:D

btw, read in the dpreview that someone can attach a tripod on the slingshot 200.. dun know how it can be done. maybe u can give it a shot. :bsmilie:

say123 said:
congrats!
:D

btw, read in the dpreview that someone can attach a tripod on the slingshot 200.. dun know how it can be done. maybe u can give it a shot. :bsmilie:

:) I'm still trying to figure that out! Once I done it, i'll share it here in this thread.

shchow said:
thank you very much. Say123 for the info. :) I'm thinking about your idea of having different bags for different occasions. Make lots of sense. Just like the right attire for the right occasion. :)

However, I'm sure my wife will not be happy about it! :(

hehehe ... I am sure your wife got different bags for different occasions. She can understand one lar ;p

shchow said:
I've got myself a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW. :) Like the design a lot, very practical for my use.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your inputs. :)

just wondering whats ur full gear? Can you put all ur gears into the slingshot 200? and also what is the max lens with the body attached and can be loaded into the bag? :D

also, wanted to ask the oly users, do u guys use stealth reporter 200AW?
or what kind of shoulder bags u guys use to carry all ur gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.