Question on AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainclover

Apr 17, 2009
North East
Hey guys,

After reading some information from the forum, I understand that not all DSLRs have an internal motor on the body to enable Autofocus. E.g. Like some of the entry level Nikon DSLRs and hence to be able to autofocus, u need to get AF-S lens.

If I do buy for instance, a D5000, will it be a hassle for beginners if I want autofocus or is it no big deal? Cause I am still confuse how the AF-S lens work.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

After reading some information from the forum, I understand that not all DSLRs have an internal motor on the body to enable Autofocus. E.g. Like some of the entry level Nikon DSLRs and hence to be able to autofocus, u need to get AF-S lens.

If I do buy for instance, a D5000, will it be a hassle for beginners if I want autofocus or is it no big deal? Cause I am still confuse how the AF-S lens work.

Thanks in advance.

Actually so does all Canon cameras, all canon lenses have a focusing motor inside. Nikon has progressively moved on to, so as to maintain a range of lenses which is still suitable for the Nikon AF cameras (film or DSLR)

If you wish to use those entry level cameras, then you'd have to ensure that you buy only the AF-S lenses or you'd have to manual focus slowly... :)

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

AF-S lenses will fit for all DSLR Nikon cameras. (start from D40, is it?)
But AF lenses will only fit for cameras which have internal motor on it.
If you buy D5000, u will need to buy AF-S lenses and thrid party lenses with "build in motor"

correct me if i'm wrong, am also newbie :)

oh okok.. Picture is clearer for me now. I get it.

Haha thanks for the replies. :)

Going to purchase a DSLR soon. Can't wait!

AF-S lenses will fit for all DSLR Nikon cameras. (start from D40, is it?)
But AF lenses will only fit for cameras which have internal motor on it.
If you buy D5000, u will need to buy AF-S lenses and thrid party lenses with "build in motor"

correct me if i'm wrong, am also newbie :)

hi there, any lens will fit a dslr whether they have an internal motor or not.. the difference is whether the lens will auto focus or not.. an AF-s lens will focus on a camera with or with out an internal motor.. however older lens that does not have a focusing motor in the lens will not be able to focus on those entry level dslr like the d5000, d40, etc..

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.