Question of filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

John E

Oct 5, 2008
Hi all,

Just curious what are the filters to use for macro and bird.

What are the considerations for selecting filter and what are the best brand or specs in filters available.

Thanks a lot. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers
John

You want common macro filter then ask for closeup filter.
You want better & closer shot, ask for raynox.

search this forum for shots taken with raynox.

OK thanks a lot. Will goggle on that.

Thanks,

Cheers,
John

OK thanks a lot. Will goggle on that.

Thanks,

Cheers,
John

Canon has its own 500D closeup filter (and a 250D? im not sure)

For birding, usually you'll just use a normal UV filter (a good one, like B+W, bad filter quality is magnified in the picture at birding focal lengths).

For birding, usually you'll just use a normal UV filter (a good one, like B+W, bad filter quality is magnified in the picture at birding focal lengths).
many birding lenses dont take front filters anyway.. except for drop-ins..

Hi, i just bought my first DSLR nikon D40X. And i want to get UV filter and circular polarising filters for my camera. However, i realise there are 52mm-77mm filter size around. I am at a lost. I thought it should be 52mm filter size but would like to confirm on that before buying it online. Could someone please enlighten me on that? Thanks!

Hi, i just bought my first DSLR nikon D40X. And i want to get UV filter and circular polarising filters for my camera. However, i realise there are 52mm-77mm filter size around. I am at a lost. I thought it should be 52mm filter size but would like to confirm on that before buying it online. Could someone please enlighten me on that? Thanks!

You don't get filters for the camera, you get them for the lens. So you need to know what is the filter diameter for the lens you're using.

The 18-55mm takes 52mm filters.

250D not available for 77mm. In fact, searching B&H, I see that it is only available as 52mm and 58mm. The 500D is available in those sizes, as well as 72mm and 77mm. I can't seem to find one for 67mm.

Wow thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.