Question if I upgrade camera body can re-use lenses?

wao....ur explanation make me feel i dun know alot of things haha
i didnt know that 10-22 is 15-33 on my camera...
so meaning lens on my camera must x1.5? becos its crop sensor ?

I suggest it's best that you stay where you're with the setup for the time being, familiarise yourself with the features. and read up before you jump onto the FF system. I see no advantage for you going FF at this point.

What about Nikon dslr ?
D90 lens kit lens can use on D700 ?

tecnica said:
yes but in DX mode and you will lose megapixel count.

Yup. Use it in FX mode and you'd have a dark circle around your image.

Voice123,

Given what you have today, i am in the suggestion that you should dive into full-frame (if affordability is not an issue). Full frame cameras are now becoming more and more widely available among brands such as Canon, Nikon, Sony and even that of medium format like the M9. Working with camera bodies with 1.x fov is like trying to live with limitations. No doubt, the extra reach as some might argue is the advantage of crop sensor but seriously, it is as good as taking a picture taken with a high-res full frame camera and apply whatever crop setting that is done on post processing.

If you plan to go full frame, stick to full frame and get the set of lenses and equipment that will work on full-frame. From that point onwards, stick to it and enjoy what photography is able to offer. Bearing in mind that you don't need to have L lenses (in the case of Canon's). There are a lot of good glasses out there that are EF categories but without the L grading. The 50mm f/1.8 and 50mm f/1.4 USM are 2 good examples.

Last point, there is no end to learning about the technicality of photography (digital or film). You will be better off enjoying photography and learn by experiencing the technicality of photography along the way. Not to forget, good photography is a combination of factors including technicality and creativity. You need to have a good balance of patience and passion to explore this medium to its fullest potential. In short, there is no right or wrong to learning. Don't forget, there are still other things that will come your way like hyperfocal, color temperature, composition, metering, filters, gel, lights, and the lists just go on and on ...

Photography is a medium to record and I try to make it as beautiful as possible in the way I see it. What would yours be?

Last edited:
Voice123,

Given what you have today, i am in the suggestion that you should dive into full-frame (if affordability is not an issue). Full frame cameras are not becoming more and more widely available among brands such as Canon, Nikon, Sony and even that of medium format like the M9. Working with camera bodies with 1.x fov is like trying to live with limitations. No doubt, the extra reach as some might argue is the advantage of crop sensor but seriously, it is as good as taking a picture taken with a high-res full frame camera and apply whatever crop setting that is done on post processing.

If you plan to go full frame, stick to full frame and get the set of lenses and equipment that will work on full-frame. From that point onwards, stick to it and enjoy what photography is able to offer. Bearing in mind that you don't need to have L lenses (in the case of Canon's). There are a lot of good glasses out there that are EF categories but without the L grading. The 50mm f/1.8 and 50mm f/1.4 USM are 2 good examples.

Last point, there is no end to learning about the technicality of photography (digital or film). You will be better off enjoying photography and learn by experiencing the technicality of photography along the way. Not to forget, good photography is a combination of factors including technicality and creativity. You need to have a good balance of patience and passion to explore this medium to its fullest potential. In short, there is no right or wrong to learning. Don't forget, there are still other things that will come your way like hyperfocal, color temperature, composition, metering, filters, gel, lights, and the lists just go on and on ...

Photography is a medium to record and I try to make it as beautiful as possible in the way I see it. What would yours be?

i wont be upgrading soon,
costing is a factor and after reading thur the forum i guess i have much more to learn b4 upgrading to FF dslr
i will stick to what i have till i hit the bottleneck.

I'm also a newbie and I agree with some of the comments here. At least from what I know, you just need to "ease" your camera between contrasting climates and keep your batteries warm if you're going somewhere cold.