Question for Manfrotto users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingydongy

Jan 11, 2006
Hey all,

Manfrotto tripods feature a plastic tripod strap attachment/ring/hook near the top of the tripod. How strong and robust is the attachment? I have a tripod strap, but not too sure if its a good idea to hook it to the attachment cos its made of plastic and seems like it breaks easily.

Any of you guys using the manfrottos have actually broken it? Or is it strong enough to be used for carrying/swinging/dragging the tripod haha.

Tks!

Unless you bash it or knock it on something hard, I dun think it can break so easily...

i'm pretty confident it's strong enough for it's purpose :)

(unless you intentionally try to bust it :bsmilie:)

i never doubted manfrotton, if they placed it there it surely must be made to work...
been using it for ages, no problems!

I've used it with my own tripod strap. No problemo... ;)

I have the same sentiment as TS, don't really dare to use the attachment on my 055xprob :/

Yeah the attachment seems shaky and breakable...oh well prob will use cable tie to make another attachment point for my strap..

Yeah the attachment seems shaky and breakable...oh well prob will use cable tie to make another attachment point for my strap..

Think cable tie would be even more fragile.

Are you using a CF tripod? If you are, a bag might be better. CF can be a bit more fragile when it comes to small cuts due to knocks.

It's strong an durable. I've been using the original Manfrotto strap to my 055 since the day it was bought and have been carrying it around. No damages of any sort though.

i'm using the 190xprob...the cable tie is rated to approx 22kg (according to the packaging), so i guess it should be strong enough since the tripod + ballhead is about 2+kg.

But its good to know that people have been attaching their tripod straps to the plastic attachment without it giving way! Gives me a peace of mind. I may even just start using it heheh.

I broke mine sometime last month and there are no ready parts to replace ... Its plastic so its definitely breakable ... CAUTION

I broke mine sometime last month and there are no ready parts to replace ... Its plastic so its definitely breakable ... CAUTION

I used to have a 055Pro which has its strap bracket broken due to falling directly on it from standing position with its legs together.

Hi Teckhua, how did you break yours? From using it as a strap attachment?

And by no ready parts to replace, do you mean you sent it in for repairs at Cathay Photo (manfrotto's agent in sg right?) and they didn't have parts? How long did you have to wait for them to repair it? Was it covered under your warranty?

Tks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.