[Question] Commissioned to do corporate shoot

aimANDshoot

Sep 23, 2012
SINGAPORE
Hi guys! Not sure if this is the right place to open this thread but it seemed to be the most appropriate place to do so.

I was approached to do a corporate portrait shoot but I have absolutely no idea on how to charge them. How should I go about with the rates? Kindly advise, thank you!

If you charge them high and the photos did not turn up to their standard. What will the ans you give? I am not saying that you are not good but if you are staying long in the company, it is the best that you do not take up the job.

Just saying..

I am not part of the company, was jst extended the request to do a shoot for them
If you charge them high and the photos did not turn up to their standard. What will the ans you give? I am not saying that you are not good but if you are staying long in the company, it is the best that you do not take up the job.

Just saying..

assume you can shoot pretty well and does not look like a passport photos.

some places are charging $35 for a headshot if the customers paying a visit to the shop, decent studios are charging $75 and above for walking customers.
usually doing it location is noting less than $100.

thread posted at wrong section, thread moved.

I'm invited to shoot in their office so do I charge as would studio shoot + travelling fees?

I charge $350 for the first person, second onwards is $150 per pax.

I have charged between $250 to $750 for one person, photography alone, excluding makeup and styling, depending on how elaborate the portrait is, how demanding the requirement (or the person), and at times the purpose on how the photo would be used.

Interesting... very similar to my numbers...

My cost per shoot come out to be about $1286 (round to closest dollar) assuming I do 300 shoots a year.

I charge above my cost per shoot 99% of the time so I am doing fine.

It is incredibly expensive to run a business in Singapore.

So for those who are interested to find out true cost of running a business, might want to run your numbers.

So to answer your question, I usually charge about $2k for a 4 hour on-site session including softcopy as per agreed usage.

Regards,

Hart

Last edited:
Reactions: kandinsky
Hmm maybe we should ask you a question - have you done a corporate shoot before ? how many have you done. It is not about how much we charge, we (should) know our cost and price will turn a profit on the job; more important we know what to do during shoot, what happens (normallly) during a shoot, how to handle and keep the shoot from going sideways or into the **** pit. It has never been being able to take a good image - that is the basic requirement.

I have never done it before and thus, it'd be my first.

Hmm maybe we should ask you a question - have you done a corporate shoot before ? how many have you done. It is not about how much we charge, we (should) know our cost and price will turn a profit on the job; more important we know what to do during shoot, what happens (normallly) during a shoot, how to handle and keep the shoot from going sideways or into the **** pit. It has never been being able to take a good image - that is the basic requirement.

Good luck.

Just charge what you feel comfortable charging. No one knows your costs but yourself. Everyone here also shoots at a different level, or have different target markets. As such, their numbers will not mean anything to you.

Good luck.

Just charge what you feel comfortable charging. No one knows your costs but yourself. Everyone here also shoots at a different level, or have different target markets. As such, their numbers will not mean anything to you.

Thank you :)

Do you think you can do it(no one knows what you can or can not do except yourself) ? This is the most important question. If you are at least 70% sure, and think you must do this, make sure you let client know the limitations - even if it means telling this is your first. Pricing : just remember there is always post production that needs to be done; be reasonably no point asking for 2K-3K nor 100-200 be prepared that you may have quoted below your eventual costs in that case you just have to eat it. Ah well every one has to start somewhere.

Regardless first time or 1000th time, you have to approach it professionally and charge professionally.

It is a commercial/corporate shoot, even for an amatuer I will not recommend going below $200 just for the time and effort of anyone. And if you feel confident to deliver a decent portrait, it should be much much more. Going too low the client does not feel the worth of the value and may not invest as much time and cooperation with you and will even view the final results as lousy or cheapesh,(even if they are good) just because you did not set a rightful value to it.

Last edited: