Question and Questions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylessa

Feb 27, 2006
Hello.. I am kinda of newbie in cameras.. Currently doing promoter job for cameras.. Have alot of questions on cameras.. Hope u guys can help me out with the questions.. Below are the questions and wish to seek out for assistance..

Question 1 : ALot of cameras now are having this anti shake function.. SOme dun but i know tat as know i open flash and take picture i also can make those without anti shake function look like they have the anti shake function.. Can anyone tell me why it is possible?

Question 2: Cameras now are having a high ISO some up to 1600.. When taking pictures with high ISO the pictures will become grainy(alot of noise).. So why still use such a high ISO to take pictures at night? Jus use flash can liao ma..

Question 3: Some cameras got flash and some got flash with a S on them.. What is the differences between the 2 kind of flash?

Question 4: AT night when taking shot ur shutter speed must be slow rite? IF the shutter speed is slow then if ur hand shake will produce a blurry picture.. SO to solve the problem u will need a camera with high ISO so tat ur shutter speed can be lowered down.. And anti shake function is preferred..

Question 5: For taking fast moving object u need to set ur shutter speed faster? so tat u can capture at tat particular moment.. but the problematic part come if u take a fast moving object in the night u cannot use fast shutter then how to solve this problem of taking moving object at night.. This question like somehow related to question 4..

Question 6: The more u zoom within the optical range blurry picture due to handshake will be more prominent.. isit? Tats why u must use tripod?

Question 7: TFT LCD is the lousiest lcd ar? Then which brand is using other type of LCD? Seems like all the brands is using TFT LCD..

Question 8: ANti shake only reduce motion due to ur hand but doesnt not reduce the blurrly image due to moving object rite? for example people..

Question 9: How come some LCD will flicker under indoor lightings?

I think tats all for today liao.. :sweat:

You pay me 10% of your commision for each question you ask, I give you a full satisfactory answer :D

Qtn 1: Because the flash freezes the moment so pic is sharp.
Qtn 2: See Qtn 4.
Qtn 3: Don't use digi compacts so I don't know
Qtn 4: See Qtn 2.
Qtn 5: Use flash. See Qtn 1.
Qtn 6. For this question, the answer is Anti-Shake/Image Stabiliser/Vibration Reduction. You use tripod for very slow shutter speed though it can also cancel out handshake
Qtn 7. Don't use digi compacts so I don't know
Qtn 8. Correct
Qtn 9. Never experienced that before.

thanks for the answer to question 1.. thanks to all the shuai gege and piao liang mei mei who reply here..

See within quote for my comment.

kaylessa said:
Hello.. I am kinda of newbie in cameras.. Currently doing promoter job for cameras.. Have alot of questions on cameras.. Hope u guys can help me out with the questions.. Below are the questions and wish to seek out for assistance..

Question 1 : ALot of cameras now are having this anti shake function.. SOme dun but i know tat as know i open flash and take picture i also can make those without anti shake function look like they have the anti shake function.. Can anyone tell me why it is possible?

Flash illuminate subject brighter, so less shutter speed needed -> Less blur. You cannot make non-anti-shake look like anti-shake using flash! This is not possible, the difference will be obvious.

Question 2: Cameras now are having a high ISO some up to 1600.. When taking pictures with high ISO the pictures will become grainy(alot of noise).. So why still use such a high ISO to take pictures at night? Jus use flash can liao ma..

Flash cannot illuminate distant object. Bright foreground, dark background.

Question 3: Some cameras got flash and some got flash with a S on them.. What is the differences between the 2 kind of flash?

Dunno.

Question 4: AT night when taking shot ur shutter speed must be slow rite? IF the shutter speed is slow then if ur hand shake will produce a blurry picture.. SO to solve the problem u will need a camera with high ISO so tat ur shutter speed can be lowered down.. And anti shake function is preferred..

Don't seem to be a question to me.

Question 5: For taking fast moving object u need to set ur shutter speed faster? so tat u can capture at tat particular moment.. but the problematic part come if u take a fast moving object in the night u cannot use fast shutter then how to solve this problem of taking moving object at night.. This question like somehow related to question 4..

Higher ISO. You can't take fast moving at night...impossible.

Question 6: The more u zoom within the optical range blurry picture due to handshake will be more prominent.. isit? Tats why u must use tripod?

Answered.

Question 7: TFT LCD is the lousiest lcd ar? Then which brand is using other type of LCD? Seems like all the brands is using TFT LCD..

Question 8: ANti shake only reduce motion due to ur hand but doesnt not reduce the blurrly image due to moving object rite? for example people..

Answered.

???????

I think tats all for today liao.. :sweat:

dun ..... for question 7... Olyumpus is using another type of LCD.. Not TFT type... I wanna know if there is any difference..

Astin said:
Maybe we should only answer the questions AFTER the next week IT Show.....

this remind of :

ISO ... #5

I can't believe they didn't tell you all this information...

Patryk said:
I can't believe they didn't tell you all this information...

i suspect, when the Mar 06 IT show comes ard, we can re-start the thread posted up by AReality earlier with all the 'funny' stories again of hapless/clueless sales reps.... :rolleyes:

since i'm free anyway.

===

kaylessa said:

more light -> faster shutter speed -> less chance of handshake -> clearer picture

kaylessa said:

a photo taken with and without flash will look very different.

kaylessa said:

the one with S is slow sync flash, whereby the camera will open its shutter a little longer to capture ambient light, together with the subject.

kaylessa said:

less light (during night) -> longer shutter speed -> longer time the camera needs to be kept still

kaylessa said:

use a flash.

kaylessa said:

yes and no. tripod has 2 main uses

1. long exposures (night shots)
2. long focal range used (zoomed shots)

kaylessa said:

there's no lousiest. what do you define by lousy? TFT LCDs work well.

kaylessa said:

kaylessa said:

if you know how a monitor (or other screens) work, you'll realise that the pixels on the screen are refreshed a few thousand times or so a sec or min to produce a picture, and hence when your camera shutter speed is faster than the refresh rate of the monitor, you'll notice the flicker.

===

perhaps, as a camera salesperson, you should read up on the basic principles of exposure, as the above are just very brief explanations.

otherwise, you may be better off elsewhere. :dunno:

hope that helps.

I concur, however we all know nowadays that the product knowledge of sales staff in Singapore is either zero or close to zero. I'd be happy if they give me the manual for me to look through while I'm there.

Astin said:
U meant u doing a promotor job and your company does not give u a FAQ paper?

vince123123 said:
I concur, however we all know nowadays that the product knowledge of sales staff in Singapore is either zero or close to zero. I'd be happy if they give me the manual for me to look through while I'm there.
Maybe u and me should enrol to be the promotor for the IT Show?

But both of us are not pretty chiobus leh how?

Astin said:
Maybe u and me should enrol to be the promotor for the IT Show?

extreme makeover might help... :bsmilie:

vince123123 said:
But both of us are not pretty chiobus leh how?
I can help you both become 'chio' bus if you want :D

sure or not? how?

espn said:
I can help you both become 'chio' bus if you want :D

Status
Not open for further replies.