Question about weight gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
I'm 174cm and weighs about 58kg, my build is tall and thin.

I'm a very heavy eater, usually a plate of chicken rice at local food court is not enough for me, i will have to order other another plate. When i'm in a buffet spread, i can confirm eat more than my friends and families! I'm not a fan of fast food either, because the food is quite small quantity, you just drink the coke to make you feel full.

but what i found out is, when i intake a lot of food and don't exercise, my weight will actually remain very constant at 58kg. but IF i got exercise, run or go gym, my weight will actually increase to a max of 60kg!

Can anybody cares to explain why am i like this? :dunno:

sounds like you have quite a good metabolism. how i wish i am like you. :(
you gained weight is probably of the muscles you build.

Drudkh said:
sounds like you have quite a good metabolism. how i wish i am like you. :(
you gained weight is probably of the muscles you build.

hmm.. but i lose the muscles equally fast too! the muscles i've built up in a gym over a strict regime of 1 week can drastically reduce in size over 2 weeks.

Moreover, i intake a lot of fats too. As i'm a great fan of chicken rice, i eat the chicken with the skin and fats. But when i go for my checkup, my fats level is normal!

So, how to reduce metabolism rate?

do you drink milk, eat cheese, eggs, etc?
maybe increase your daily meals from 3 to 4? :think:

before you go to sleep, eat something to fill your tummy?

You're 23 years old. Don't worry about it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

When I was your age, I used to weight a paltry 54kg at height 172cm with a waistline of 24". No matter what I ate, I didn't seem to put on any weight. Now, at age 30, I've reached 68kg and my waistline is 31" :bigeyes: And no matter how little I eat, I can't seem to lose any weight.

So, enjoy it. Your weight will catch up :)

i had the same problem when i was your age (not that i so old now lah :sweatsm: )
dont suddenly eat so much else you're gonna gain weight at the wrong area, i.e. tummy ;p

think you have a high metabolic rate. why not try to gain gain muscles instead ;)

i've heard a lot of people saying that once they reaches a certain age, their sizes also increases! But what if i remain like this the rest of my life??? :cry:

should i get some pills from GNC to slow down my metabolism?

Drudkh said:
do you drink milk, eat cheese, eggs, etc?
maybe increase your daily meals from 3 to 4? :think:

i like fresh milk and eggs and i take them, not at a regular basis though! but i hate certain types of chesse.. increase daily meals doesn't help too.

behyx said:
i've heard a lot of people saying that once they reaches a certain age, their sizes also increases! But what if i remain like this the rest of my life??? :cry:

should i get some pills from GNC to slow down my metabolism?

those on diet will really HATE you :bsmilie:
dont worry too much lah. as you age, your metabolic rate slows down & you'll put on more weight. why not enjoy what you have right now? you could pig out and no worries ;p

yo behyx, join the club...heh heh...

same here...eat and eat..still like tekko...
but i think what some of them said is true...dont over eat...not good...sure will have tummy...then end up looking like ethopian...:nono:

for us high metabolic rate types, have to regularly exercise...else we will never gain weight...

and i think its not a good thing to eat before you sleep, you are making your stomach work overtime when its supposed to be resting...

hi .
I am thinking of hitting the gym again .. cos is the only exercise I do ..

why not let use this thread as a field report ? so we can access in our daily exercise and meal routine ?

6-8meals a day
1 lie day
3-4gym sessions
1-cardio day

tats should be the way !!

I'm a very heavy eater, usually a plate of chicken rice at local food court is not enough for me, i will have to order other another plate. When i'm in a buffet spread, i can confirm eat more than my friends and families! I'm not a fan of fast food either, because the food is quite small quantity, you just drink the coke to make you feel full.

but what i found out is, when i intake a lot of food and don't exercise, my weight will actually remain very constant at 58kg. but IF i got exercise, run or go gym, my weight will actually increase to a max of 60kg!

Can anybody cares to explain why am i like this?

I think you should eat more proteins like cheese, fresh milk(not carnation milk) and red meats(lamb & steak)......do more weight lifting too! different exercise build different muscles lor.
Not just your muscles, the calcium in milk build up your bones too.....

Good luck :thumbsup:

Just wait u reach 28 years old like me.

For some reason, my body is stopping me from eating excessively to maintain my 170cm 50kg frame.

I definitely used to eat much more when I was younger.

So eat while you still can..healthily of course.

behyx said:

Can anybody cares to explain why am i like this? :dunno:

Used to be slim. Now I rock climb weekly and I'm gaining weight... :embrass:

anthony.phua said:
Just wait u reach 28 years old like me.

For some reason, my body is stopping me from eating excessively to maintain my 170cm 50kg frame.

I definitely used to eat much more when I was younger.

So eat while you still can..healthily of course.

Me too 24 yrs old,170cm and 50kg only.Must i just dump everything down and hey,tummy is growing.haha....

definitely must exercise,i don't.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.