Question about Tin Cheung Cameras Hongkong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castlesinthesky

Aug 11, 2003
Earth,Heaven and Beyond
Hi guys, i'm about to acquire the 85mm F1.2 L from Tin Cheung, anyone has experience dealing with them previously?are they reliable and recommended?

Any advice would be appreciated.=)

Hi Castlesinthesky,
Have bought from them before - no problems as long as you have done your research - are you buying new or used? - noticed a new shop opened opposite them with lots of EOS stuff in the window - did you try prices there? - 300/4 was abt HK$9000
cheers

hi ... may i ask where exactly is the shop? might be going hk...any idea whether the price of the nikkor 70-200 is cheaper or more ex?

Ektar25 said:
Hi Castlesinthesky,
Have bought from them before - no problems as long as you have done your research - are you buying new or used? - noticed a new shop opened opposite them with lots of EOS stuff in the window - did you try prices there? - 300/4 was abt HK$9000
cheers

hi they quoted me HKD 11880 (approx 2.3k)for the 85MM F1.2 L inclusive of shipping and insurance. FAR less cheaper than cathay's asking price of 3.4k- Although it's a grey set but IMHO, a substantial savings of more than 1k! even if there were problems, the risk would be worth it...not sure if it's a brand new set though, have asked them about it...

did you do online ordering or go over there to purchase? I've seen a couple of posts on photo.net saying that they pass off old sets as new...that's my greatest fears....

bearycute said:
hi ... may i ask where exactly is the shop? might be going hk...any idea whether the price of the nikkor 70-200 is cheaper or more ex?

bearycute...

the website is here.... www.tincheungcameras.com

i believe it's substantially cheaper than here..if you're going, can i tompang your order?=)

darn-CAN'T seem to edit the posts

anyway the price quoted is HKD10880 NOT 11880HKD

and the correct website is www.tincheungcamera.com.hk

my bad.

Ernst IS REALLY QUICK! he just replied me and guaranteed me that it's a brand new lens...should i spring for it?

mpenza said:
price is lower than the price at their website..... HK$ 12600

yup, that's what i thought too, but ernst did quote me that-10880HKD, to which i was really pleasantly surprised. i was expecting 12600 instead.

it's really tempting me on this

mpenza said:
I visited the store before. The staff seems professional and friendly.

Hi mpenza,
I remember a CSer having a not too good experience so I dug up this thread
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=2021&highlight=hong+kong

bearycute, the hk thread is here - think we should get a sticky for it - the mod did a good job
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=71961&page=3&pp=20
btw - last price for the 70-200VR I got was a 2-3 months ago - HK$11800 (W) and HK11400 (B)

Castlesinthesky, think u've been searching for this for some time - think u got the L-itis bad - not much u can do except scratch - anyway it depends on how comfortable u are dealing long distance - maybe u can tompang bearycute - I normally go in person... am based in hk

cheers

sorry - minor correction and can't see the edit icon - anyway threads are switched - post#56 regarding service at TC

still can't edit - i thought that was only in buy n sell??

bearycute - the prices are official HK items and not grey

Ektar25 said:
Hi mpenza,
I remember a CSer having a not too good experience so I dug up this thread
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=2021&highlight=hong+kong

bearycute, the hk thread is here - think we should get a sticky for it - the mod did a good job
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=71961&page=3&pp=20
btw - last price for the 70-200VR I got was a 2-3 months ago - HK$11800 (W) and HK11400 (B)

Castlesinthesky, think u've been searching for this for some time - think u got the L-itis bad - not much u can do except scratch - anyway it depends on how comfortable u are dealing long distance - maybe u can tompang bearycute - I normally go in person... am based in hk

cheers

yea ektar25, i've been very tempted already..and to me this new "low" of 2.3k is really asking for it! i need a couple of confirmations more...and off i go!

i tried the lens at cathay and boy...i shot at 1/1600 wide open in CP's lighting conditions....but like they say..focusing speed ain't too fast....

Ektar25 said:
Hi Castlesinthesky,
cheers

i like the shop opposite.. :thumbsup:
its called Urphoto... a fuji minilab(frontier 350) selling equipments
boss is Hugo.. nice guy (he knows me hahaha.. cos i am his first 10 customers when he shifted there)
he used to shoot a lot (so knowledge in cameras is better and he only orders stuffs that are good not like big shops which shipped in everything)
i buy most my stuffs there even though i know somewhere selling cheaper

btw Hugo quoted me HKD10500 few wks ago for 85/1.2
anyway do shop carefully when u r in HK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.