Question about the new Macbook 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
Is the display of the new MacBook close to srgb?

I am referring to the color gamut that the LCD can display.

You could do a web search on "macbook display color gamut"

There are plenty of results.

Yes, I have done that, but I can't find any new info on the new MacBook 2009...Currently apple only mentioned that the macbook pro has 60% more color gamut that can be displayed on the new LCD than the older generation.

Yes, I have done that, but I can't find any new info on the new MacBook 2009...Currently apple only mentioned that the macbook pro has 60% more color gamut that can be displayed on the new LCD than the older generation.

From what I've seen on my mid-2009 MacBook, and the late-2009 MacBook's price being the same, I'd say that the display wouldn't be all that great but would be better than those inexpensive Windows machines.

My MacBook doesn't look better than my 2004 PowerBook when I'm editing photos but if I look at a different angle, the MacBook looks worse. Of course, replacing a panel in 2004 was almost equal to the price of the computer.

From what I've seen on my mid-2009 MacBook, and the late-2009 MacBook's price being the same, I'd say that the display wouldn't be all that great but would be better than those inexpensive Windows machines.

My MacBook doesn't look better than my 2004 PowerBook when I'm editing photos but if I look at a different angle, the MacBook looks worse. Of course, replacing a panel in 2004 was almost equal to the price of the computer.

You have a point there. I have a viewsonic 24" full HD LCD panel, so I guess it should be able to display more color gamut.

Get the Macbook Pro.

Too late. Got the macbook. But for the price of the performance, macbook seems to be a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.