Question about Photography?

chinchilla

Jan 10, 2012
For my wedding I would like to give away some photographs taken of guests as souvenirs.
Is there any way I could offer my guests at least 3 different backdrops to choose from, and have the photo superimposed over the backdrop? The concept is similar to a neoprint machine but much cheaper than that...

Pls help.; ) My wedding is one month away and I am still thinking of this...

Hi. I am able to offer a solution for you if you desire.

For my wedding I would like to give away some photographs taken of guests as souvenirs.
Is there any way I could offer my guests at least 3 different backdrops to choose from, and have the photo superimposed over the backdrop? The concept is similar to a neoprint machine but much cheaper than that...

Pls help.; ) My wedding is one month away and I am still thinking of this...

What is your budget?

catchlights said:
most venues for wedding banquet has very limited space at the reception areas, it is better to ask TS check out with her restaurant/hotel/clubhouse first.

I see... My cousin and some friends did this before during their weddings la.. So I didn't consider the space issue.. :p

cheaper than taking neoprint photos........
already said in the first post

lol

cheaper than neoprint.... that will be not easy....

TS. A suggestion. Just go rent a neo-print booth for your wedding banquet. I am sure your guest will still talk about your wedding dinner years from now....

cheaper than neoprint.... that will be not easy....

TS. A suggestion. Just go rent a neo-print booth for your wedding banquet. I am sure your guest will still talk about your wedding dinner years from now....

that would invite a long queue and fights will break out just like when MacD released the Hello Kitty Dolls :bsmilie:

Actually neoprints not cheap leh.
Like 4$-$10 a print?
Usually I can only print ~40 per printer per hour i deploy. Thats 800$ liao!!!!

congrats!
the three ways that i have seen:
- at my cousin's wedding, they engaged a photography service that provided instant printouts (namecard size)... i dont know the cost though..
- instax at a friend's wedding and it was very well received, in fact overwhelming, the uncles and aunts were very happy too but lighting was ehem..
- another use canon selphy printers (total cost, i dunno)

that would invite a long queue and fights will break out just like when MacD released the Hello Kitty Dolls :bsmilie:

rent at least 2 machine then :)

rent at least 2 machine then :)

It's not solely based on the you waiting for the prints. If it's straight camera to print without any editing then it's not a problem, it's when the client wants special effects like green screen etc that will create the backlog. In that case it may become the printer waiting for you, so even with 10 printers also useless.

Conditions need to be set to solve the issue, eg 1 print per group or max prints per group & cut off photo taking time, etc.
Photographer can get more backend staff, but that would raise costs of course.

Last edited:
foxtwo said:
It's not solely based on the you waiting for the prints. If it's straight camera to print without any editing then it's not a problem, it's when the client wants special effects like green screen etc that will create the backlog. In that case it may become the printer waiting for you, so even with 10 printers also useless.

Conditions need to be set to solve the issue, eg 1 print per group or max prints per group & cut off photo taking time, etc.
Photographer can get more backend staff, but that would raise costs of course.

TS also mention 3 choose 1, might be a bit slow to administer the shoot unless done digitally in post like
Neoprint

My brother wedding is to have the photos printed on the spot... there will be 3 portable canon printer to print it.. and there will be just one backdrop.

take liao and print lorh simple... dunnid make so much trouble de lahr~

Please be realistic.

You are looking at a $1000 to $1200 service if you hire direct. Or add $200 to $300 more if offered by your wedding photog, because he took up the logistic and coordination work plus risk and extra accountability to you.

It involves green screening, 10 foot backdrop, studio light, dedicated photog, photoshop artist, doubling up as print operator, maybe another assistant to distribute photo - if you want that. If you want high speed print then a hi output printer needs to be rented, can't use the Selphys coz too slow and overheat easily. All this means real money. Fact of life.

Do not expect cheap and good and fast and 3 type knee.

End of the day, it's a just form of entertainment. If your guests all shy and not interested, you waste money. If too well taken, nobody gives a sheet to your wedding becoz they are all busy playing at the photo station. For $1500, I rather use it on a top quality flushmount album. Or hire a real good entertainer or emcee.

Last edited: