question about image quality of film scan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
oeyvind said:
Normal FDI lab will scan at abt 2MP only (you have to pay more to get it scan at 8MP)... forgot what's the dpi, think it's 300.

AGFA d.LAB2 scan at 6MP and 400dpi.

I got these negative scanned both at FDI and Agfa d.Lab2:

http://www.pbase.com/oeyvind/superia200

Hi oeyvind,

Aiya...me again....... :eek:

How much did you pay to scan your negs into digi pics at Hotprint?

They charge like per roll of 36 or per pic? :think:

hey i got the same problem too...at first it was supposed to be developed from negatives (not scan yet) but it was so grainy esp 5R?? (taken with superia 400 with flash). decided to have it scan (same place) but turn out even worst when i view on screen!

So is it because the lab was printing from digital scan (which alot are doing now) that results the grainy problem?

Used the same film, flash, camera before but does not have this problem. Only way was to bring it to another lab for scan or develope again... ;(

eagles_creek said:
Is there any particular labs that you guys frequented to scan your negatives into digital pics?

Perhaps can share here?

look for kex. he owns a shop in bedok north. can get the add from him. gd svc i heard n very recommended. reasonable price at high res! i asked him whether can print a3, he says it looks fine when view at a distance though, better than others that cant even look gd at further distance. scanned at konota at peninsula plaza b4 but not gd enuf for a4 prints n somemore scanned only at 4base n very ex $9/roll!!! bloodsucker!

Status
Not open for further replies.