Question about filter sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_ryder

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

I currently have a 24mm Nikon with 52mm size filter thread, and a 70-210mm with 62mm filter thread. If I want to buy a polarizer filter and a ND grad filter, what size do I buy? Do I get a step down or step up adaptor to fit both lens?

I also intend to get a 18-200 VR sometime in the future. Anyone knows what thread size is that lens?

Artosoft

Aug 31, 2005
Tanjong Katong
Buy 77mm cir-pl. It will be useful for most (if not all) your lenses. Use several different step-down rings to fit different size of filter thread of the lenses.

Regards,
Arto.

Apr 12, 2005
ExplorerZ said:
erm... shouldn't it be step up from the lens filter thread instead of stepping down from the filter size itself? :dunno:
I think the 2 above are just typos.

Since they said buying a bigger 77mm filter, they probably meant using step-up rings and that step-down may cause serious vignetting.

ExplorerZ

Jan 9, 2006
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
Clockunder said:
I think the 2 above are just typos.

Since they said buying a bigger 77mm filter, they probably meant using step-up rings and that step-down may cause serious vignetting.
perhaps, just wanna clarify just incase the TS went in to a shop and ask for a 52>77mm step down and the shop owner goes ?_? and gave a 77>52 instead :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom