Question about DVD recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansel

Apr 30, 2003
Land Downunder
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone know if a DVD+ (plus format) recorded on a DVD video recorder connected to a TV can be played on regular DVD player or not?

I am talking about those DVD recorders you use to record TV programmes on the cable or antenna, and NOT those DVD drives on a PC.

Thanks for your help.

Would love to help, but I have no idea. :dunno:

Certain DVD players can play both +R and -R. You will have to try it out yourself. I have had some experience that some +R will only playback on certain DVD players while others will not recognise the disc.

jbma said:
Certain DVD players can play both +R and -R. You will have to try it out yourself. I have had some experience that some +R will only playback on certain DVD players while others will not recognise the disc.

Noted...thanks for the info.

I think -R/RW more common on consumer recordable DVD players. Mine (Sharp HR300) only does that, but haven't tried recording on DVD yet, been doing all the recording/erasing on HDD as there's nothing much worth keeping.

The more recent players should accept both + & - formats easily. If yours is one of the older few, then it should only take - format.

Status
Not open for further replies.