Question about custom WB (White Balance)

kurniled

May 26, 2010
Singapore
Hi ClubSnappers, I just want to know do you guys rely on the AWB setting or have your own WB setting?

I shoot RAW (with a gray card if necessary) so I will adjust the WB myself in post.

I shoot RAW on AWB with my Whibal card, and adjust WB during post.

Hi ClubSnappers, I just want to know do you guys rely on the AWB setting or have your own WB setting?

When I can see the sun, I will use sunny, when it is evening and the light is warm.. I will put cloudy, when the indoor performance light is too warm.. I will bulb it... if it gets too confusing to change indoors... or whn there is too much happening to change WB, I set to AWB (+1 Amber)

Custom AWB, when i play around with the settings, it asked me to select a photo for the custom AWB.

What is that use for? What exactly does it do?

Custom AWB, when i play around with the settings, it asked me to select a photo for the custom AWB.

What is that use for? What exactly does it do?
It means that you should select a picture of a gray card you just took then the camera will set the in-camera white balance according to the gray card you shot in ambient lighting conditions.

Shoot Raw, adjust WB later- 1 thing less to worry during shoot:)

I just wondering when we shoot in RAW is it means all the picture that we take need to go through custom WB ? sorry never use RAW before

any recommendation where to buy cheap grey card?

AWB/Cloudy during day outdoors and everything else I set my own WB settings (customised to fit certain shooting scenarios)

But as i norm shoot JPEG + RAW, i can always fallback to my RAW file should i screwed on JPEG :)

I just wondering when we shoot in RAW is it means all the picture that we take need to go through custom WB ? sorry never use RAW before

any recommendation where to buy cheap grey card?

the previews are still processed with the wb settings you chose in camera.

the previews are still processed with the wb settings you chose in camera.

Oww ok get it now hehe, maybe I will just shoot RAW + JPEG and do adjust the WB if the JPEG not good. like Numnumball's wrote.

Just curious, do u guys use AWB to shoot ur grey card or those preset WB (according to the ambient) to shot ur grey card?

Just curious, do u guys use AWB to shoot ur grey card or those preset WB (according to the ambient) to shot ur grey card?

i shoot with awb, it doesn't matter, as there's no wb applied to your RAW, it's just the jpg previews or your raw that shows the WB

i shoot with awb, it doesn't matter, as there's no wb applied to your RAW, it's just the jpg previews or your raw that shows the WB

Tks very much........:)