Question about being a part time photographer

Hanmin147

Aug 20, 2011
Tampines
Hi, I'm new to the photography industry and I was thinking about starting out as a part time photographer during the school holidays. I was wondering if there are any requirements of a part time photographer, Such as age. Thanks in advance :)

Are you competent to shoot and deliver what you are being task for in the first place? If yes, age is not the main issue..

Hi, sharing my 2 cents. I supposed you wanna earn some $$$ for school and daily expenses, am I right?

Whether it is full time (professional) photographer or part time (freelance) photographer, you got to deliver what the clients want as part of good business ethics and effective business relationship. Basic equipment such as a decent DSLR with external flash with extra memories cards, batteries for camera & flash and a backup plan should your equipment fail. One way is to get a second body and external flash, but if $$$ is an issue, borrow a spare body from a friend. That was what I did last time when I was still a newbie.

Overall, whether pro or freelance, we should not foil clients day. Communicate with them the need to know and request for a day and night programme beforehand. Know what you wanna shoot :)

Cheers

Thank you for the clarification. Definitely will take note of advice given