Question about 67mm to 72mm step up

mem0riess

Jan 23, 2009
North
Hi.
I'm thinking of getting a step up ring for my nd110 b+w 72mm filter, will I have any problem with my image quality?

Generally, no, unless you're using in on a wide-objective, front-element, ultra-wide-angle lens.

How about 67mm to 77mm? Won't have any image quality problem right?

No issue, no glass no issue when you stepup unless like DM said, wide angle like 10-22 on the wide end. Extra thickness extra chance for vignetting BUT

since you're using a 72/77 mm filter on a 67, probably not UWA so no issue, my CPL is sized 77 and i have 2 step-ups for my smaller lenses...no problem.

So if I'm going to step 67 to 77 I need to get 2 step up ring? From 67mm to 72mm then 72mm to 77mm?
Do they sell 67mm to 77mm step up ring?

Hey, can I get 2 step up ring and link them together?
Example, 67mm to 72mm and 72mm to 77mm?

Yes. All rings have threads at both ends. Doesn't matter whether you screw in the next ring or any filter.

May have vignetting if you stack too many. Why don't you just get 67 - 72 and 67 - 77 if you're so worried about having that many filter sizes.

Anyway yes, no issues with 67 - 77 for ND110, all my current long exposure shots are using this set-up. Vignetting on my shots (if any) was added in PP.

Hey bro, i got 67 - 72 and 72 - 77, cause i went to ms color and they said they dont take in 67 - 77 step up ring, so i brought 67 - 72 and 72 - 77 step up ring from them.
I'm worried that if my shot will get vignette?

You already bought, so try. Why ask here when you have everything you need to test??

If your picture gets vignette I'd say you need to see an optician. You can see that already in viewfinder. :)

The further the filter is away from your front lens element, the higher the chances of flaring/ghosting when shooting into lights.

Hey bro, i got 67 - 72 and 72 - 77, cause i went to ms color and they said they dont take in 67 - 77 step up ring, so i brought 67 - 72 and 72 - 77 step up ring from them.

why didn't you try on the spot?

just go out and shot and see if there is any vignette.

if got vignette just use photoshop to resolve.

why didn't you try on the spot?
just go out and shot and see if there is any vignette.
if got vignette just use photoshop to resolve.
The vignetting he will see is most likely physical vignetting - nothing to correct in photoshop. Only solution: bring the filter closer to the lens. The usual lens vignetting should not be affected by any filter.

You already bought, so try. Why ask here when you have everything you need to test??

sorry bro, im working on weekdays 8am to 5.30pm. so i dont have time to try out the filter. please forgive me for asking here, im going to test it this sat.

So I want to get some advise, but im using 18-105mm d90 kit lens, im still worried about vignette.

momo, how do you pp it in photoshop?

sorry bro, im working on weekdays 8am to 5.30pm. so i dont have time to try out the filter. please forgive me for asking here, im going to test it this sat.

So I want to get some advise, but im using 18-105mm d90 kit lens, im still worried about vignette.

momo, how do you pp it in photoshop?

Can't you test it at home?

Just set it up and shot at a wall... :dunno:

I tried it, f/11 at 30 secs. i can only see my monitor screen and not my surrounding, maybe my light is too dull.