Queries on Singtel's flexibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartman2000

Dec 10, 2008
Pasir Ris
I currently own and use a Nokia N78 mobile handset. Recently, I found that the phone is no longer performing how it used to at its peak. I also find it a little too thick. Ok, just trying to justify the change to another phone :D

Anyway, my contract with Singtel will reach the 1 year mark at exactly February 21. I'm wondering if I'll be allowed to recontract these few days and pay the $100 penalty that is incurred on those who decide to get a new phone after the first year.

Thanks for any input :)

I currently own and use a Nokia N78 mobile handset. Recently, I found that the phone is no longer performing how it used to at its peak. I also find it a little too thick. Ok, just trying to justify the change to another phone :D

Anyway, my contract with Singtel will reach the 1 year mark at exactly February 21. I'm wondering if I'll be allowed to recontract these few days and pay the $100 penalty that is incurred on those who decide to get a new phone after the first year.

Thanks for any input :)

yes ur allowed to recontract after u finish ur 13 months/21 months.

both need pay 100 bucks.

:thumbsd:
dun really like singtel as much. this isp hor cannot work with blogger, onemanga, and sometimes clubsnap. u gotta proxy and stuff. so mafan =.= then youtube proxy u cant load videos.

singtel u need big improvements.

yes ur allowed to recontract after u finish ur 13 months/21 months.

both need pay 100 bucks.

:thumbsd:
dun really like singtel as much. this isp hor cannot work with blogger, onemanga, and sometimes clubsnap. u gotta proxy and stuff. so mafan =.= then youtube proxy u cant load videos.

singtel u need big improvements.

Their broadband services are fine IMO. Works well with everything you encounter problems with. Singtel also beats Starhub for P2P purposes....

Anyway, I'm currently 1 month before the 1 year mark.

shouldn't you be asking singtel instead since the contract is with them?

go ahead n try.
but unlikely...1 week can still try, 1 mth a bit far...

Just posting this up to see if there's any past experiences. Will personally be going down to check tomorrow.

call their customer service and ask if they can give you a voucher of 100 to waive the 100 penalty. Explain that u are a customer and u are renewing the contract... I mean "Im giving u biz not that Im jumping ship"

They should waive the 100 dollars in the form of a voucher. It worked for me.

Their broadband services are fine IMO. Works well with everything you encounter problems with. Singtel also beats Starhub for P2P purposes....

Anyway, I'm currently 1 month before the 1 year mark.

nope. blogger always had problems with singtel. onemanga also made their annoucement tat u need to proxy to singtel port 8080

You can check straight from singtel wesite but IMO, you need to complete 12 months which is on Feb 21 at least to recontract.

I just did it last month.

Btw, purchase thru Singtel Online Store is cheaper than going down to shop itself. Skip the long queue and get the phone deliver to your doorsteps. Trade-in & COD is available.

Last edited:
call their customer service and ask if they can give you a voucher of 100 to waive the 100 penalty. Explain that u are a customer and u are renewing the contract... I mean "Im giving u biz not that Im jumping ship"

They should waive the 100 dollars in the form of a voucher. It worked for me.

They still add the $100 penalty in + the phone cost. Minus the $100 voucher, isn't it paying the original phone price? No? :think:

onemanga.com said:
Attention Singapore (singnet) readers
posted by zabi - 2009 Dec 28 (last edited 2009 Dec 28)

There seems to be problems with one of the bigger ISPs in your region (singnet and mio). You can read about problems other users are having here: http://twitter.com/search?q=singnet. To bypass this problem on OM, you can try using our temporary test page located here: http://wwwtest.onemanga.com (non Singapore readers can also try using this to fix their problem). You may also have better luck web browsing in general by using the proxy proxy.singnet.com.sg with port 8080. How do you setup a proxy? Check the instructions here: http://bit.ly/4y9miP.

Hopefully this helps and all you Singapore manga fans can enjoy OM again. Happy reading!
yep. got big problem

They still add the $100 penalty in + the phone cost. Minus the $100 voucher, isn't it paying the original phone price? No? :think:

They cannot give u wavier off the penalty so they give u a voucher instead. The voucher is used to waived the penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.