Queries on focusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

reistarz

Oct 28, 2008
hi guys...sometimes i have problem with focusing. For example, i want to focus on an object, however the camera always focus on other parts. I can't get it to focus on the object which i want. :sweat: Any tips on this? :)

Easiest way? Go manual focus. That's what I do. ;)

Use single focus point and recompose after AF lock.

sorry newbie here too and learning.. U mean focus on object then move either left or right (recompose) to take the shot again?

please be more specify, in what kind of situation you encounter this?

if you can't explain in words, than post a photo.

we making wild guess here will not able to give you any usable answer.

hi guys...sometimes i have problem with focusing. For example, i want to focus on an object, however the camera always focus on other parts. I can't get it to focus on the object which i want. :sweat: Any tips on this? :)
are you trying to do a focus subject with blurred background effect?

if you dont mind what equipment are you using?

It sounds like you are leaving the camera to choose the focus point. The easiest way around it would be to select the focus point yourself. Usually people stick to the center focus point.

Yup, use single focus point and recompose the shot after focusing...

Are you using auto mode?

Auto mode...the cam will decide the focus point for you.

Focus point:sweat:
see where the red dot is pointing

for me (canon system) I swap my AE lock button with my half press for focusing. Therefore I focus with my thumb (on the AE lock button) and fire the shutter with the trigger button. This way I will not refocus if I recompose because the halfpress will not activate the focusing.

Note: I can do this both on my 40D and 1Dmk2. Not sure about the rest of the models.

Status
Not open for further replies.