Queries on focusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

reistarz

Oct 28, 2008
hi guys...sometimes i have problem with focusing. For example, i want to focus on an object, however the camera always focus on other parts. I can't get it to focus on the object which i want. :sweat: Any tips on this? :)

dision

Mar 25, 2008
Use single focus point and recompose after AF lock.

baconseet

Oct 4, 2008
Woodlands
sorry newbie here too and learning.. U mean focus on object then move either left or right (recompose) to take the shot again?

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
please be more specify, in what kind of situation you encounter this?

if you can't explain in words, than post a photo.

we making wild guess here will not able to give you any usable answer.

Flashbulb

Jun 20, 2008
hi guys...sometimes i have problem with focusing. For example, i want to focus on an object, however the camera always focus on other parts. I can't get it to focus on the object which i want. :sweat: Any tips on this? :)
are you trying to do a focus subject with blurred background effect?

if you dont mind what equipment are you using?

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
It sounds like you are leaving the camera to choose the focus point. The easiest way around it would be to select the focus point yourself. Usually people stick to the center focus point.

jtchoy

Oct 2, 2008
Yup, use single focus point and recompose the shot after focusing...

paesyl

Aug 3, 2007
Are you using auto mode?

Auto mode...the cam will decide the focus point for you.

DeSwitch

Oct 28, 2005
1.45N 103.83E
www.flickr.com
for me (canon system) I swap my AE lock button with my half press for focusing. Therefore I focus with my thumb (on the AE lock button) and fire the shutter with the trigger button. This way I will not refocus if I recompose because the halfpress will not activate the focusing.

Note: I can do this both on my 40D and 1Dmk2. Not sure about the rest of the models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom