Queen Elizabeth ll Visits Singapore (17 - 18 March 2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett81

Aug 9, 2005
Photographers who are interested to take a picture of the Queen in the public places she will be visiting may be interested in her journey:

----------------------------------

17 March 2006 - Singapore

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will receive a ceremonial welcome at the Presidential Palace before meeting the President of the Republic. They will then attend a coffee morning with representatives of the British community and Singaporeans.

The Queen will visit the National Library, where she will view entries into the Singapore Youth Commonwealth photo competition and meet winners. Her Majesty will meet school children as she leaves.

Meanwhile, The Duke of Edinburgh will visit Biopolis, which helps further the Biomedical Sciences industry in Singapore.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a lunch with the Prime Minister before laying a wreath at the Cenotaph.

The Queen will then visit a housing complex, where she will view a traditional dance demonstration and a tai chi demonstration, meet a family living in the complex (the Pangs, whom she met previously in 1972), and go on a walkabout.

Meanwhile, The Duke of Edinburgh will attend an NYAA (Singapore's equivalent of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award) event and will open the World Wild Life Fund's Asia Pacific Office.

In the evening, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a State banquet at the Presidential Palace at which Her Majesty will make a speech.

18 March 2006 - Singapore

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will host a return State lunch.

Her Majesty will then visit the Singapore Turf Club, where she will meet jockeys, watch the QEII race and present the QEII Cup.

Meanwhile, The Duke of Edinburgh will visit a sports school, where he will view sports activities and present a swimming competition prize.'

The Queen will be at Toa Payoh HDB estate on 17 March 2006. I understand the block of flat she is visiting is Blk 81.

Anyone going?

bobafett81 said:
The Queen will be at Toa Payoh HDB estate on 17 March 2006. I understand the block of flat she is visiting is Blk 81.

Anyone going?

hmm..do u think we can even go near, confirm there will be lots of body guard surrounding them and probably they will seal up the whole place and chase away unauthorised pple :sweat:

Wai said:
hmm..do u think we can even go near, confirm there will be lots of body guard surrounding them and probably they will seal up the whole place and chase away unauthorised pple :sweat:
Then those unfortunate residents living in the block how? Become "prisoners" for a few hours or kena chased out of their home while the Queen is visiting? :sweat:

The Queen is going on a walkabout around the estate, so I'm sure she will be shaking hands with the public

capt.syd11703130435.australia_royal_visit_syd117.jpg

:lovegrin:

Why would we want to take pictures of the Queen?

i feel abit funny taking the queen :dunno:

wah! her route so open one huh? also made known so publicly, not scared of terrorist???

bobafett81 said:

Anyone going?

wat time ah?

It's great that QE2 visits. :)

You know Margaret Drive, Queen Elizabeth Walk, Prince Philip Avenue, Prince Charles Crescent, Prince Edward Road were all named after her family.

She visited once before when she was young and maybe stayed at Admiralty House (north part of Singapore) when Singapore was still a British colony.

All interested in the Queen only? The Duke of Edinburgh no one interested? :bsmilie: Its a little funny as to why their schedule is so different? I tot they will be together. Maybe time constraints.

occasion for their visit i think is to see see look look enhance ties. According to their schedule, i think its more like a social visit. For the more serious stuff, i think Tony Blair will be the one visiting instead.

redstone said:
It's the QUEEN, dude!

I'll rather meet her than some movie star.

yeah... i second that! :thumbsup:

movie stars will lose their appeal after some time, but not the Queen. hopefully, nobody does the Mr. Bean move when she goes round shaking hands :bsmilie: :sweat: :bsmilie:

Well, I do not know the timing... but I guess the best place to catch the Queen is at National Library and at Raffles Hotel where she will be resting her royal feet. :bsmilie:

waileong said:
Why would we want to take pictures of the Queen?
TFCD / TFP :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Don't know whether the Ladder Gang will be there or not?

Long Live The Queen!

r1353111630.jpg

r1671549736.jpg

r82314264.jpg

r402878549.jpg

capt.cwgcer10803151005.australia_commonwealth_games_opening_ceremony_cwgcer108.jpg

The Queen will arrive in Singapore Changi Airport VIP Terminal tomorrow morning, then will proceed straight to Istana then to National Library!

She will the visit Toa Payoh Blk 81 and the surrounding town centre!

Status
Not open for further replies.