Quantum Battery 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
I got a Quantum Battery 2 recently. After charging it for more than 3 hours, I switch off the power and turn the battery to ON position, but no light at all. Seems like the battery is gone.

Is there a way to replace the cell inside the battery? Or is it useless now?

Thanks.

If new why not bring back to the shop
if used go find the seller :p

Originally posted by Kho King
I got a Quantum Battery 2 recently. After charging it for more than 3 hours, I switch off the power and turn the battery to ON position, but no light at all. Seems like the battery is gone.

Is there a way to replace the cell inside the battery? Or is it useless now?

Thanks.

You still can get it repair i guess. Previously I did sent mind to Fotoguide to get mine the internal batteries changed. May be you can try out CP if they can help you.

I bought it 2nd hand (used), so can't change.

jesser, how much did u pay to get the internal battery changed? Is the new battery same as the Original quantum one?

Thanks. :)

Kho King,

you can try the shop selling batt. at sim lim tower basement, they might be able to replace for you.

regards,
ITD :)

why dont call the original seller ask him refund? unless u bought knowing it was spoilt then bo pian.

Originally posted by Kho King
I bought it 2nd hand (used), so can't change.

jesser, how much did u pay to get the internal battery changed? Is the new battery same as the Original quantum one?

Thanks. :)

dun really remember cos was quite some times back when my
battery drains out rather fast during shoot-out. Brought back to fotoguide as i bought from there and they get it done for me at guess less then $50/- if i'm not wrong.:cool:

Originally posted by vince123123
why dont call the original seller ask him refund? unless u bought knowing it was spoilt then bo pian.

Hi Vince, I bought it as it is...together with other items, so no refund policy from the seller.

Thanks again Jesser, Vince and ITD. I will try finding a battery replacement at battery shop. :)

dun mention u r welcome :)

I am from Johor and I can't find the replacement battery here. I have taken out the battery from the casing and it states:
8V 3.0A/h

Fotoguide is no longer available, so I hope there are shops in Sim Lim Square that still have it. Anyone has a clearer guide of which shop I should go to?

Thanks again.

Hi Kho King,

I do not own any Quantum Battery, but from what you describe, it seems that you need to use those "Cyclon" cylindrical lead acid cell by Hawker Energy. The cell specification is 2V, 2.5Ah, so you will need 4 pieces. From the RS catalogue I am looking at now, it costs about SGD15/piece, stock no. 591-461. I have seen them in Sim Lim Tower basement too, and price could be cheaper.

e905591s

Thanks e905591s,
My battery is in one piece, with "DRYFIT A200" stated on the battery. I think the brand is SONNENSCHEIN. I am not sure if I can stack batteries together to make it 8V, but the original charger provided has 10V output to the battery when power on (I test using multimeter).

Hi Kho King,

Seems like my guess is wrong. But anyway, Dryfit A200 is quite a popular battery, but the voltage makes it harder to find. Most that I have seen are either 6V or 12V kind. But flipping through the RS catalogue, I think there's one that suit your need. Dryfit A500, 8V, 3.5Ah. Dimension is WxDxH 178.5x34x60.5 mm. Price is a whopping SGD 110 ! Again, you might get lucky in Sim Lim Tower basement. There's a shop(shop name is something like Kim Chew??) that sells all kind of batteries, very prominent and hard to miss one. Wish you best of luck in your search.

e905591s

Thanks again e905591s.

I just measured mine:
The size is 13.3mm x 3.5mm x 6.2mm (L x W x H).

I can't find a replacement in Sonnenschein website... :(

Hi Kho King,

Ok, so my second guess is also wrong. The third one should be right because when I was checking out 8V batteries from Sonneschein, there are only two kind with capacity of around 3Ah, both are from the A200 family, one with 2.7Ah and the other with 3.5Ah. Since you specified then length to be 133mm, so it should be the 2.7Ah one. Check this webpage out http://www.sonnenschein.org/a200.htm, look for the item 790268GPW. This is probably what you need. But I do not know the price for it. Please take note that the A200 series is being slowly phased out to be replaced by A500 and A500C series, so this compounds the problem.

e905591s

Hi e905591s,
I have contact Sonnenschein and yes you are right about the replacement, but the product number they gave me is slightly different:
#90268 - A208/2.7s

http://networkpower.exide.com/products/product_detail.asp?part_number=NGA20802D5HS0SA&range=A200

I have also found the dealer for this battery in Malaysia (there is a Singapore dealer too), and have emailed them. Hopefully the price isn't too expensive and I will update u again once I got their reply.

Thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.