Quantum +1 or Turbo or Turbo Z for 550EX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz

Mar 17, 2003
Bukit Timah
buzz.clubsnap.org
Any users with any opinion on which one to get for the 550EX? The +1 is highly recommended as a startup but I dun like the module which connects to the flash . Also any good place to get it from and at what price can you get it for?...Thanks ;)

You can get it from Yip Chieng Trading. They are the local agent. Call Mr. P.K. Chan at 68447791. He will deliver it almost to your doorstep. Just got a flash cable module from him.

Currently using the 1+ which is good. The Turbos are a little ex but again depending on your shooting & budget. They easily costs between $600-$800. Quite a lot of bucks.

Regards.

the CP-E2 is more portable rite? i think it can screw onto your tripod mount.

Yes, just call P.K. Chan. He would be able to advise you as well.

Perhaps you have to look at your selection criteria;

1)fast recharge times? Shooting wedding, functions or sports?
2)how long it last?
3)size and weight?
4)appearance?
5)and obviously, the cost.

swiftlancer said:
Yes, just call P.K. Chan. He would be able to advise you as well.

Perhaps you have to look at your selection criteria;

1)fast recharge times? Shooting wedding, functions or sports?
2)how long it last?
3)size and weight?
4)appearance?
5)and obviously, the cost.
hi! so wat would u recommend for wedding photography? fast recharge time & cost r the issues 2 consider.

EOS500N said:
hi! so wat would u recommend for wedding photography? fast recharge time & cost r the issues 2 consider.

I used the Quantum Battery 1+ for all my wedding shoots previously. It is relatively fast and reliable. Have not tried the CP-E2.. Wonder how fast it is.. :)

Btw, I am letting go my Quantum Battery now as I am not taking wedding photos now. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers. ;)

In the early days of wedding photography you couldn't do without these packs due to the low power of Nicads and Alkaline batteries. But with the new 2100 NiMih batteries the battery pack is really not necessary. The recharge rate is sufficiently fast and you actually need only 2 sets to take for a full wedding day shoot. Furthermore, you don't have to tangle yourself with the cables and save lots of money.

ivanyc said:
In the early days of wedding photography you couldn't do without these packs due to the low power of Nicads and Alkaline batteries. But with the new 2100 NiMih batteries the battery pack is really not necessary. The recharge rate is sufficiently fast and you actually need only 2 sets to take for a full wedding day shoot. Furthermore, you don't have to tangle yourself with the cables and save lots of money.
i did try using the 2100mah batts with my 420EX. it maybe juz me but i find the recycling time kinda slow. u mean there's no diff even using the batt pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.