Quality of image camera to pc

glennaguilar

Feb 22, 2010
Jurong
hi
im using nikon d5000. shooting JPEGfine and large file. all my picture are look ok like color sharpness. in my lcd screen of my camera.. the after i transfered to my laptop. it will become darker a bit. whole picture are quit dark. lost the detail and colors. cos i compare it using my lcd. what is the best photo viewer?? that can preserve the quality of the image..:cry::cry::cry:

hi
im using nikon d5000. shooting JPEGfine and large file. all my picture are look ok like color sharpness. in my lcd screen of my camera.. the after i transfered to my laptop. it will become darker a bit. whole picture are quit dark. lost the detail and colors. cos i compare it using my lcd. what is the best photo viewer?? that can preserve the quality of the image..:cry::cry::cry:

For colour and brightness, camera lcd screen is only a rough guide, Histogram is more accurate.

After transfer the image to you laptop, then it will depend whether is your laptop screen calibrated.

For colour and brightness, camera lcd screen is only a rough guide, Histogram is more accurate.

After transfer the image to you laptop, then it will depend whether is your laptop screen calibrated.

but even in the different pc or laptop.. or it is the picture quality already?

but even in the different pc or laptop.. or it is the picture quality already?
darkness and brightness has nothing to do with picture quality. it is just that your lcd is not accurate, the most accurate way is to use a calibrated monitor as leong23 suggested.

another way to judge exposure is to read the histogram, which almost every camera will be able to provide during playback.

different LCD screen renders image differently, thats why you are getting inconsistent results over different screens.
The camera's LCD is the worst among the 3 (PC LCD, notebook LCD, camera LCD).
if you want accurate results, as what leong23 mentioned, get your editing screen calibrated, and rely on the histogram on your camera when checking the exposures on the go when shooting.

The video card on your laptop or desktop matters as well.
If the video rams is 768 MB and above, they look better and brighter in all screen.
Tried many display card on my 19" LCD and 22" LCD. It only looks great when I have cards with with 768 MB and 1 GB video rams on the display card.

If the video rams is 768 MB and above, they look better and brighter in all screen.
Tried many display card on my 19" LCD and 22" LCD. It only looks great when I have cards with with 768 MB and 1 GB video rams on the display card.

HUH??? I'm sorry, but that's the biggest load of rubbish I've ever read. If anything, the difference was that the higher-end cards had better gamma fine-tuning. It's not a factor of video RAM.

yeah lor...

I thought that video RAM was mainly to do with the graphics engine's ability to render complex shapes and shades at an adequate speed for games, etc. Basically how much video data could be passed through the graphics processor in one "gulp".
To render a still image on however large a screen should not tax the video RAM at all.

LOL, if it look better or brighter then it is what you don't want.......what important is that it should look "just right", that is what calibration are for. :)

Does Matte or Glossy screen matters too? On my glossy camera LCD, the pics somehow looks more vibrant than when I view the pics on my callibrated matte 24" LCD. Is it all in my mind?

hi
how big is your camera LCD? 3"
how big is your computer monitor? 15"? 17"?

so what do you think?

:thumbsup: :sweatsm: You made my day!
Jokes aside, it's plain rubbish. Maybe you want to read up about the basics of screen calibration (and the reason why people do this).Then have a very good and thorough look at your own "test" to see where the difference comes from.

Time for a secondary display for an iMac. Spyder 3 Express to edit photos......
I think TC need to do the same to understand the principle of reviewing photo on a camera and a LCD screen. Even same photo displayed on same PC with different monitor shows different color and tone. That is why there is a need to calibrate the display.
As for the display card and memory, I agree it is pure nonsense. Perhaps it is a plot to get the TC to buy another expensive yet "useless for photography" card.

DSC_5661.JPG
DSC_5662.JPG

bro this is what i said.. this is a picture of my GF.. from the left image.. e i enhance using picasa brightness and saturation filling lucky button.. from the right the original image from my camera.. most of my image are always the same.. the left image. are almost the same image from my camera lcd.. coz im shooting using VIVID. the how come the color are lost and brightness..

:dunno::dunno:sometimes.. i go shooting with my friends using d3000.. we shoot same image. but different. result. like the picture above. but not so big difference..

:dunno::dunno:sometimes.. i go shooting with my friends using d3000.. we shoot same image. but different. result. like the picture above. but not so big difference..
the left image may look good on screen, but it is pretty useless, and it will be a nightmare when you want to make a decent print from it,

the left images could be WB issue, could be color mode issue, and it is under, but it is still usable. why don't you post the full exif to see?

the left image may look good on screen, but it is pretty useless, and it will be a nightmare when you want to make a decent print from it,

the left images could be WB issue, could be color mode issue, and it is under, but it is still usable. why don't you post the full exif to see?

sorry exif?

yah i read that.. how to do it??
WB i always using auto..
under exposed?