Quality of B&S Crumpler Bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeseme

Jun 24, 2004
Hi just to share my experience, bcos still feeling sad and bad abt it. Sad that the deal didn't come true, bad because I rejected somebody's offer on the spot.

Was looking and waiting for a nice crumpler 6/7 million dollars home bag to come along in the B&S, hope to save some dollars, and also to save the environment, haha.

Finally, one ideal WTS came along and stating lightly used for just a few months, mint condition! So, happily make arrangement to deal the bag. However, when I received the bag, I observed the following conditions,

1. Smell - sweat and probably the smell from (3) - like wet rag not dry properly and kept.
2. Well used velco - the fur part was already lifted up.
3. Black dots inside - suspect those are black fungus.
4. Torn thread - understood Crumpler quality quite good, but surprise to see this condition
5. Shoulder pad - dirty and not very spongy.
6. White dirt on the stripe

Is it that I'm asking too much or will you take? Although it's saving a few tens of dollar, it ain't very cheap for a crumpler in B&S. Easily above $80. I couldn't ask for any offer, but rejected it on the spot. Just cannot take the condition, which is really unbelieveable for a few months old bag.

Just wonder those who had bought in B&S, is the condition similar? Any worse experience? Time to pour over here!

Cheers!

You can also post this under that seller's thread to warn other would-be-buyers from wasting their time with him... but he won't be happy with you.

Finally, one ideal WTS came along and stating lightly used for just a few months, mint condition! So, happily make arrangement to deal the bag. However, when I received the bag, I observed the following conditions,

Heh. Yet another instance of the use/abuse of the term "mint".

I feel you did no wrong.

I always say that the final deal is still dependent on final inspection. But so far, all my deals from B&S have been good.

Mint as describe by B&S rules is "Like new. Not used since it left the shop. No signs of use."

If the seller state contradicting statement like used for a few months and mint, be skeptical about it. I bought 2 crumpler from B&S also, both look new /o body sweat smell :bsmilie:

Hi just to share my experience, bcos still feeling sad and bad abt it. Sad that the deal didn't come true, bad because I rejected somebody's offer on the spot.

Was looking and waiting for a nice crumpler 6/7 million dollars home bag to come along in the B&S, hope to save some dollars, and also to save the environment, haha.

1. Smell - sweat and probably the smell from (3) - like wet rag not dry properly and kept.
2. Well used velco - the fur part was already lifted up.
3. Black dots inside - suspect those are black fungus.
4. Torn thread - understood Crumpler quality quite good, but surprise to see this condition
5. Shoulder pad - dirty and not very spongy.
6. White dirt on the stripe

Is it that I'm asking too much or will you take? Although it's saving a few tens of dollar, it ain't very cheap for a crumpler in B&S. Easily above $80. I couldn't ask for any offer, but rejected it on the spot. Just cannot take the condition, which is really unbelieveable for a few months old bag.

Just wonder those who had bought in B&S, is the condition similar? Any worse experience? Time to pour over here!

Cheers!

I don't understand the purpose of this post. You made an arrangement to buy something, you felt it wasn't up to standard, and you didn't buy it. Sellers will always want to find ways to promote the sale of their goods, and not everyone is honest. That happens all the time. So what's the issue here? It's not like you made the purchase and received defective goods.

I don't understand the purpose of this post. You made an arrangement to buy something, you felt it wasn't up to standard, and you didn't buy it. Sellers will always want to find ways to promote the sale of their goods, and not everyone is honest. That happens all the time. So what's the issue here? It's not like you made the purchase and received defective goods.

Direct to the point! :thumbsup:

U like u buy, u dun like u dun buy. U buy, u dun like, u can oni blame urself for not checking properly.

I think it's fair for the TS to blow off steam after wasting his time to see a product whose condition was misrepresented in the description.

TS didnt buy. He felt that the Seller was not honest with the condition of the bag and rejected the sale. Now he is just lamenting over the bad representation of the goods.

I know it's caveat emptor - Let the buyer beware. But come on lah, the seller must also take responsibility to ensure the good sold are as what is to be expected. Cannot every time got bad deal, blame the buyer. How caaan??

I know it's caveat emptor - Let the buyer beware. But come on lah, the seller must also take responsibility to ensure the good sold are as what is to be expected. Cannot every time got bad deal, blame the buyer. How caaan??

You're absolutely right, the blame is not with the buyer. I never said that the buyer should take the blame.

The point I made was that these things happen, but what's the point with whining about it? Would he like us to console him? Make him feel better? Let him know that this has also happened to others so that he knows this hasn't happened only to him? Get over it and move on, worse things in life can happen.

true... if i'm to travel from Boon Lay to Pasir Ris to close a deal (based on the description of the goods) and found out that the item was misrepresented... i'd be pissed myself.

who in the right sense of mind wouldn't?

The purpose of this post is to ask those who had bought a used Crumpler bag to share the condition they are receiving, and make sure I'm not asking too much.

The purpose of this post is to ask those who had bought a used Crumpler bag to share the condition they are receiving, and make sure I'm not asking too much.

Again, this doesn't make any sense. There are going to be good quality used bags, and not so-good-quality used bags. It all depends on what you're willing to settle for. If you want something that's close to new, then that's your prerogative. I'm sure most people would want something that's in decent condition.

Personally, if I wanted something close to new, I would just buy it new. But I don't usually care much about appearances, as long as it's functional, that's all that matters. So this is obviously YOUR own personal preference. Whether you're asking for TOO MUCH is at your own discretion.

Again, this doesn't make any sense. There are going to be good quality used bags, and not so-good-quality used bags. It all depends on what you're willing to settle for. If you want something that's close to new, then that's your prerogative. I'm sure most people would want something that's in decent condition.

Personally, if I wanted something close to new, I would just buy it new. But I don't usually care much about appearances, as long as it's functional, that's all that matters. So this is obviously YOUR own personal preference. Whether you're asking for TOO MUCH is at your own discretion.

BTW, I'm only asking those who had bought an used crumpler bag to share their experience. So, have you bought a 2nd hand one?

Ok lor. Since the thread dun make sense to you, and it's so bothering you, I close it!!!! Like that it will not waste your time to read and to think of whether it make sense or no-sense or whatsoever.
HAPPY?

Status
Not open for further replies.