Quality Assurance in FORUMS

La Fontaine

Jun 12, 2008
Jalan Poonpipi
Quite often I see some typo errors in the posting in Kopitiam and in other threads as well. my question is how much of a QA do you do before posting ??

We all, known QA is standard or rather SOP in manufacturing, but when it comes to paper work, not sure how much of QA d o we apply. some times it is called proof reading.:think:

I counted 8 errors in your post. Do I win a prize? :bsmilie:

I assume you aren't being serious.

You have used "SOP", "QA", "paper work" in Kopitiam!!!! :) Noooooo :)

Quite often I see some typo errors in the posting in Kopitiam and in other threads as well. my question is how much of a QA do you do before posting ??

We all, known QA is standard or rather SOP in manufacturing, but when it comes to paper work, not sure how much of QA d o we apply. some times it is called proof reading.:think:

It's sort of a 'rojak' place where 'wu liao' topics are discussed and digest sometimes giving indigestions :)

First sentence: How often did you see? Answer is quite often. Therefore the word 'often' modifys the verb see. Thus it is appropriate to place the verb modifier 'often' next to the verb see and not before the subject noun I. The correct form reades: I often see typo errors .......

Second sentence: "My question is" is not necessary as in written form there is a question mark at the end of the question, you are just repeating yourself.

Third sentence: Keep comparisons parallel, meaning when you use the word manufacturing before the word but (include words like however,and vs like) use word ending with ing. The sentence should read "......SOP in manufacturing, but when it comes to writing, not sure.....

There are many areas to comment but I got to board plane now.

Glad there is interest in wanting good writings.

In KPT, our QA boss, Sion always ensure all postings are aligned with Lao Zi's teachings. The spelling or grammar wise are not so important compared to the wisdom. :bsmilie:

one of the most important, should i say, THE most important aspect of QA is to meet customer's specification.

The spec of KPT is "informal, irreverent [meaning: don't hv to be respectful, but with limit], irrelevant [the right word to be used instead of irreverent]".

So, if your posts meet these specs, then quality is assured. LOL

"To turn Wu Liao into Yo Liao, first you must embrace the true spirit of Wu Liao and learn to see Yo Liao in Wu Liao." - Miyagi San.

honestly, i was waiting for Sion to appear with a chim phrase and yes, he appeared! haha.

Get the spellchecker plugins for your browser. But then again: what's the point perfect spelling and grammar when it comes to Kopitiam? :bsmilie: That's like talking to a taxi driver or market auntie using Queen's English.

Get the spellchecker plugins for your browser. But then again: what's the point perfect spelling and grammar when it comes to Kopitiam? :bsmilie: That's like talking to a taxi driver or market auntie using Queen's English.

well, they jolly well be speaking smashing good English. You were once a colony of the Order of the Most Excellent British Empire!

your good self is making a very general sweeping statement too. [remember that once you commented on others making very general sweeping statements about Japanese? reckon that you must be a Japs yourself, ya?]

What makes you so sure that all taxi drivers and market auntie cannot speak the Queen's English??? LOLLL

In KPT, our QA boss, Sion always ensure all postings are aligned with Lao Zi's teachings. The spelling or grammar wise are not so important compared to the wisdom. :bsmilie:

All wisdom is best served with a sprinkling of Hokkien.

Unfortunely swear words in vernacular language is not allowed in KPT. If not laozi's sayings will be a lot more colourful. :bsmilie:

What makes you so sure that all taxi drivers and market auntie cannot speak the Queen's English??? LOLLL

For the best Queen's English he must go to a cheap hotel in Geylang and pay $60 for 30 minutes to let a street girl whispering and moaning the highest form of Queen's English to his ears.

Let's put the tax reductible cost in Geylang as Queen's English lessons as we used to have Speak Good English Month here. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
No rule without exceptions :bsmilie:

well, they jolly well be speaking smashing good English. You were once a colony of the Order of the Most Excellent British Empire!
We were once a Roman colony, but after this never again :bsmilie:

Our English masters have now become court butlers in the new Singapore palace.

201391655014.jpg

After vetting through this post, I have a few recommendations for you:

1) Signature needs to be amended to: Do not be afraid of ghosts and bullies, shoot them.
2) Thread title needs to avoid unnecessary caps, and since you are only talking about Clubsnap, the singular form should be used: Quality Assurance in Forum
3) Post:
- What is QA? Please spell before using acronyms, e.g. Quality Assurance (QA).
- We all, do, not, know, why, you need, so, many, commas.
- Typo: "d o"
- Logic does not flow well.

Should be corrected to:

I often see typing errors in the posts made in Kopitiam. My question is: how much of Quality Assurance (QA) do you do before posting?

We all know that QA is standard, or rather, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in manufacturing. However, when it comes to forum posts, we seem to forget QA.

Regards,
Your Newly Appointed QA Manager
AKA Internet Grammar Nazi (IGN)