QTM for me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xziredmp

Oct 21, 2006
Singapore
i have been using batteries to power my flashes for so many years now... and as assignment grows i am still using batteries because it can power up other devices in my home when i am not shooting.

i do not hope to bleed too much on a new investment.

but i have the following flashes to power.

2X 550EX
3X SB800

usually, its only 1 550ex and 1 sb800 in action. the rest is all backup. both flashes drink up the batteries like drinking coke.

so i am wondering which qtm module besides the 2x2 and the few latest one... which other qtm batteries can power both canon and nikon systems.

and of course.. i strongly welcome suggestions to other brands.... besides qtm, because its going to make me bleed and after my purchase of my 70-200...

many thanks in advance...

i have been using batteries to power my flashes for so many years now... and as assignment grows i am still using batteries because it can power up other devices in my home when i am not shooting.

i do not hope to bleed too much on a new investment.

but i have the following flashes to power.

2X 550EX
3X SB800

usually, its only 1 550ex and 1 sb800 in action. the rest is all backup. both flashes drink up the batteries like drinking coke.

so i am wondering which qtm module besides the 2x2 and the few latest one... which other qtm batteries can power both canon and nikon systems.

and of course.. i strongly welcome suggestions to other brands.... besides qtm, because its going to make me bleed and after my purchase of my 70-200...

many thanks in advance...

u need to get 1 quantum batt plus the corresponding cables for ur flashes. there are other alternatives on bhphotovideo, IIRC. just dat for SG here, it's either quantum or DIY. :embrass:

u need to get 1 quantum batt plus the corresponding cables for ur flashes. there are other alternatives on bhphotovideo, IIRC. just dat for SG here, it's either quantum or DIY. :embrass:

thanks for your reply nightwolf,

went to the website already thou... BH still sells quite alot of qtm products.

DIY ? sounds interesting... problem is... "safe for flash?" i've heard that some batteries will cause the flashes to go dead faster because of the discharge rate.
:dunno:

thanks for your reply nightwolf,

went to the website already thou... BH still sells quite alot of qtm products.

DIY ? sounds interesting... problem is... "safe for flash?" i've heard that some batteries will cause the flashes to go dead faster because of the discharge rate.
:dunno:

not the speedlights, but I reckon it'll be the bulbs blowing!
Power without control is reckless! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.