Qns: To get Leica X1 or to wait ?

xuberone

Aug 23, 2010
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
As titled above, currently considering to get a Leica X1. Not sure if I should wait till a newer version comes out. Any suggestions ?

If you have money and the need for one, then buy - it's your money. If you want to wait for a newer version, there's always something newer coming out, you'll wait forever.

well i really like the x1 enough but i would really need one with video capability. would the newer version be coming out soon ?

Hi Bro.. if it doesn't have to be Leica, then perhaps the Fujifilm X100 would be a better choice at the moment.. f2.0 lens, video function, viewfinder.. could always upgrade to the X1 successor when it is released..;)

Here's a link to a comparison table on dpreview

Cheers,
Andrew

they will answer ?

You are 10x likelier to get an answer from them than from a forum full of people who will throw random guesses your way. We are not psychic.

they will answer ?

Their service is probably the best I've experienced. It won't hurt to ask them.
You might want to check out Leica Rumors' website too.

As titled above, currently considering to get a Leica X1. Not sure if I should wait till a newer version comes out. Any suggestions ?

I suggest you wait... and when the X2 comes out, better wait for the X3 coz it will be better... and when that comes out, wait for the X4 which of course will even be better... ad nausem...

Wait.

(why? X1 is just too slow as a PnS. Firmware upgraded liao also like that. Great IQ but so what if OOF?)
BTW I once owned the X1 (but just for over a week and sold it:smilie:) Never look back.

Wait.

(why? X1 is just too slow as a PnS. Firmware upgraded liao also like that. Great IQ but so what if OOF?)
BTW I once owned the X1 (but just for over a week and sold it:smilie:) Never look back.

thanks yea I plan to wait because for me a big part of getting a camera is to have video recording as well ... which the X1 lacks. if only it has video recording ...

Camera is a tool. You have to ask yourself what the X1 can give you to fulfill your needs that other cameras on the market now cannot give you... (besides the red dot, of course).

for me since i already own a dslr, i am looking at choosing a camera purely for aesthetic reason and since I really like the leica's design, and it isn't a bad camera, all that is missing from the x1 is the recording capability ... therefore i think i will wait on for the next design =)