Qns to Ask Need help

cadefox

Aug 18, 2010
Sengkang
cadefox.multiply.com
Hi i like to ask u all if the edge of my photo abit Black but not very black mean what huh ?? i mean the 4 corner.

you mean vignetting?

743px-Backlight-wedding.jpg

(Taken from Wikipedia's entry on Vignetting)

Correct Correct so this is the term it call lol. So how huh ??? for my case. or izizt all lens will give this kind of effect ?

Correct Correct so this is the term it call lol. So how huh ??? for my case. or izizt all lens will give this kind of effect ?

what lens are you using and what camera?
Full frame cameras will usually show vignetting for most lens.
Ultra-wide angle lens also tend to show vignetting.

Simple solution will be crop off the edges, or use post processing to get rid of it. :)

Read the links given by bro Octraine.

One of the causes could be a mismatch hood with lens, or you used a wide angle lens with a filter holder that caused the vignetting.

Many causes, help us by telling what you have and used during your particular shoot.

I using Canon D500 + EF-S 15-85mm + 1 72mm UVf ilter. Ya i just read the review for 15-85mm, one of the cons for this lens is Vignetting problem.

Noticed you are using Canon 500D with the 15-85mm lens.

Have you updated your firmware yet? Should be version ... 1.1.0.

HTH.

Huh how to check whether my firmware izzit updated ?? Cos i seriously don know need to update firmware de for camera body??

Page 201, of the Canon EOS 500D's Operational Guide/User Manual.

Ok thank ^^ , So after i update my firmware to 1.1.0. there will not be vignetting already rite ??

Last edited:
Ok thank ^^ , So after i update my firmware to 1.1.0. there will not be vignetting already rite ??

I'll let you know tomorrow, after you take a photo, and post it back in here.

what lens are you using and what camera?
Full frame cameras will usually show vignetting for most lens.
Ultra-wide angle lens also tend to show vignetting.

Simple solution will be crop off the edges, or use post processing to get rid of it. :)

Thank for the Infor