qns street photo on children

Status
Not open for further replies.

flower

Mar 16, 2005
Lalaland~~~
Hi

noob qns...

i like to try out on street photography on kids (strangers)... i wonder if it is against the sg law to take shots children (etc playing) and post them on the public gallery. not too sure if it is against some paedophiles law or any limits ?

does the copyright (of the shot) belongs to the photographer or the parents (of the child)?

thankie

as far as i know, it's not illegal to take pictures of strangers (adults/kids). i also know that if you want to use them commercially, you're going to need a model release (there are some general guidelines for what kinds of pictures need model releases, including but not limited e.g. the subject being recognizable from the picture by an independent 3rd party - i.e. if it shows the subject's face clearly). And model releases should be from the model if above 18 years of age, and from the parent or a guardian if under.

Regarding posting the pictures say on club snap or flickr etc, you won't normally need a model release, and I don't think people would normally make a fuss as long as their kids aren't compromised etc, but I guess if you're that worried, then better safe than sorry. :p

Hope this helps!

I think (not too sure, need ask the legal expert here), as long it is not uncomprimising and not for commercial, you may post as previous poster said online without any model release- You have capture the images in public places.

Copyright should belong solely to the photographer if I am not wrong.

ok... so it is safe to take streetshot on kids. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.