Qns on 2nd hand camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

pohpoh

Dec 13, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm new to DSLRs and I just bought a Canon 350D from a fellow forumer here. However, I noticed that the view through the viewfinder is always blurrish, but the photos turn out fine when I take them. What could be the reason? thanks alot!

Prolly dust, but since it doesnt affect image quality, just continue to shoot and dont get so upset over it.

Simple...bring to the service centre.
If it is dust, they can blow it out for you.

Hi guys,

I'm new to DSLRs and I just bought a Canon 350D from a fellow forumer here. However, I noticed that the view through the viewfinder is always blurrish, but the photos turn out fine when I take them. What could be the reason? thanks alot!

maybe you need to fine-tune the diopter? :think:

Oh ok, I'll try bringing to the service centre, hopefully I can get it fixed! I find it really awkward not being able to see what I'm trying to shoot! =)

Are you short/long sighted?

Before you pai-seh yourself and waste time and money to go down to the service center, on the top left (or right, I can't really remember) corner of your viewfinder area, just next to the rubber eyepiece, there is a wheel that is inset into the viewfinder unit.

Turn that wheel around until you find a part of the wheel that has a sort of marking, then turn that marking to correspond with "0" on the white markings next to the wheel.

Prob the viewfinder is dirty, but that will not affect the image taken at all, cos image is not captured by the viewfinder. It just helps u to "see" the image only. :)

Before you pai-seh yourself and waste time and money to go down to the service center, on the top left (or right, I can't really remember) corner of your viewfinder area, just next to the rubber eyepiece, there is a wheel that is inset into the viewfinder unit.

Turn that wheel around until you find a part of the wheel that has a sort of marking, then turn that marking to correspond with "0" on the white markings next to the wheel.

Ya, pls do according to what bro calebk says which i feel it should be the case too. Viewfinder dusty and blur is 2 different things.

Oh! I just did that and it worked! I've got perfect eyesight, so I guess the previous owner didn't. Thanks alot for all the suggestions!

Lol, i have bad eye sight. Even adjusting the diopter, i still need my spec so i can see through the viewfinder clearly. Hai... :(

sama sama... i had this prob when i got my first dslr also.. cos we are too use to pns...

Oh! I just did that and it worked! I've got perfect eyesight, so I guess the previous owner didn't. Thanks alot for all the suggestions!

:bsmilie:
To think some people blamed it on a dirty viewfinder and would have wasted your time going all the way to the service centre... :sweat:

P.S- When i got my D90, made the same mistake too..hahaha! :embrass:

:bsmilie:
To think some people blamed it on a dirty viewfinder and would have wasted your time going all the way to the service centre... :sweat:

P.S- When i got my D90, made the same mistake too..hahaha! :embrass:

I think they are all blur :bsmilie::sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.