Qns on 2nd hand camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

pohpoh

Dec 13, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm new to DSLRs and I just bought a Canon 350D from a fellow forumer here. However, I noticed that the view through the viewfinder is always blurrish, but the photos turn out fine when I take them. What could be the reason? thanks alot!

ngck12

Dec 4, 2007
beside jurong point
Prolly dust, but since it doesnt affect image quality, just continue to shoot and dont get so upset over it.

Madmax

Nov 22, 2003
www.pbase.com
Simple...bring to the service centre.
If it is dust, they can blow it out for you.

Daedalus Trent

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
Hi guys,

I'm new to DSLRs and I just bought a Canon 350D from a fellow forumer here. However, I noticed that the view through the viewfinder is always blurrish, but the photos turn out fine when I take them. What could be the reason? thanks alot!
maybe you need to fine-tune the diopter? :think:

pohpoh

Dec 13, 2007
Oh ok, I'll try bringing to the service centre, hopefully I can get it fixed! I find it really awkward not being able to see what I'm trying to shoot! =)

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
Are you short/long sighted?

Before you pai-seh yourself and waste time and money to go down to the service center, on the top left (or right, I can't really remember) corner of your viewfinder area, just next to the rubber eyepiece, there is a wheel that is inset into the viewfinder unit.

Turn that wheel around until you find a part of the wheel that has a sort of marking, then turn that marking to correspond with "0" on the white markings next to the wheel.

pro_FHM

Nov 3, 2005
Prob the viewfinder is dirty, but that will not affect the image taken at all, cos image is not captured by the viewfinder. It just helps u to "see" the image only. :)

zh3ng

May 20, 2008
Tampines, Singapore

Before you pai-seh yourself and waste time and money to go down to the service center, on the top left (or right, I can't really remember) corner of your viewfinder area, just next to the rubber eyepiece, there is a wheel that is inset into the viewfinder unit.

Turn that wheel around until you find a part of the wheel that has a sort of marking, then turn that marking to correspond with "0" on the white markings next to the wheel.
Ya, pls do according to what bro calebk says which i feel it should be the case too. Viewfinder dusty and blur is 2 different things.

pohpoh

Dec 13, 2007

Oh! I just did that and it worked! I've got perfect eyesight, so I guess the previous owner didn't. Thanks alot for all the suggestions!

Havoc

May 16, 2008
Singapore
Lol, i have bad eye sight. Even adjusting the diopter, i still need my spec so i can see through the viewfinder clearly. Hai... :(

maximize

Jun 14, 2008
sama sama... i had this prob when i got my first dslr also.. cos we are too use to pns...

Daedalus Trent

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
Oh! I just did that and it worked! I've got perfect eyesight, so I guess the previous owner didn't. Thanks alot for all the suggestions!
:bsmilie:
To think some people blamed it on a dirty viewfinder and would have wasted your time going all the way to the service centre... :sweat:

P.S- When i got my D90, made the same mistake too..hahaha! :embrass:

kenkht

Sep 21, 2008
Singapore
:bsmilie:
To think some people blamed it on a dirty viewfinder and would have wasted your time going all the way to the service centre... :sweat:

P.S- When i got my D90, made the same mistake too..hahaha! :embrass:
I think they are all blur :bsmilie::sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom