QN: Wide Angle Conversion Lens for LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjzsakae

Feb 26, 2009
Hi guys.. Have been using the LX3 for quite some time now and have plans for a minor upgrade.. I am planning to buy a Wide Angle Conversion lens for it..

I am a noob to camera accessories hence need advice on which Wide Angle Lens shld I get? Original one or 3rd party ones?

Another question.. Understand that to use the Wide Angle Conversion lens on the LX3, I need to get an adapter too.. Is it important to get the original one? Can this adapter act as a Lens Hood on the LX3 when the WC Lens is nt attached?

Thanks..

Hi guys.. Have been using the LX3 for quite some time now and have plans for a minor upgrade.. I am planning to buy a Wide Angle Conversion lens for it..

I am a noob to camera accessories hence need advice on which Wide Angle Lens shld I get? Original one or 3rd party ones?

Another question.. Understand that to use the Wide Angle Conversion lens on the LX3, I need to get an adapter too.. Is it important to get the original one? Can this adapter act as a Lens Hood on the LX3 when the WC Lens is nt attached?

Thanks..

I bought both the original adapter and wide conversion lens for my LX3 and it's worth every penny. No, the adapter will not act as a hood for the lens. Usually I would recommend he original adapter.

I brought a 3rd party from panda base 2 weeks ago and it worked like a charm! come with a adapter, wide lens and marco! for only 65SGD due to free shipping(HK)! for the price that I paid I can shoot things that I can never imagine! Go and grab one now!

I brought a 3rd party from panda base 2 weeks ago and it worked like a charm! come with a adapter, wide lens and marco! for only 65SGD due to free shipping(HK)! for the price that I paid I can shoot things that I can never imagine! Go and grab one now!

Can share the macro images? Cause I have been thinking of getting this combo or the raynox.

wow.. bro.. that is so cool.. can share the link to the lens? and maybe share some sample pics from it too?

thanks!

just curious, will the image quality be affected by the brand of adapter you use?

shldn't be right?

Last edited:
bro.. thanks for the link.. the wide angle lens on the site is 0.45x.. if i use it on my lx3 i would get 10.8mm.. wouldn't it be too much?

does anyone have a sample of pic taken with lx3 at 10.8mm to share?

thanks..

Last edited:
bro.. thanks for the link.. the wide angle lens on the site is 0.45x.. if i use it on my lx3 i would get 10.8mm.. wouldn't it be too much?

does anyone have a sample of pic taken with lx3 at 10.8mm to share?

thanks..

Seen some pics with 0.45x, looks quite good.

Think he is interested in wide angle not macro :p

i placed an order from the panda wide angle too... hope to get it soon!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.