Qn on studio lightings ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenx

Mar 27, 2004
Hi, I do not have any knowledge in studio works but will like to learn.

1) How do I achieve the lighting effects like the picture in the link attached below?
2) This is considered low-key right?

http://www.denniswile.com/pet1.html

Perhaps just one side light?

Thanks in advance.

i believe 1 light from the edge..prolly a strip bank or you can use a softbox and flag it

ongn said:
i believe 1 light from the edge..prolly a strip bank or you can use a softbox and flag it

What is a strip bank? Thank for your reply...

base on the catchlight of the dog's eyes, is using a softbox.

if the dog is at the centre of a clock face, and the camera is at six o'clock, b/g is at 12 o'clock, the light is at 1.30~2 o'clock position.

hope this help.

catchlights said:
base on the catchlight of the dog's eyes, is using a softbox.

if the dog is at the centre of a clock face, and the camera is at six o'clock, b/g is at 12 o'clock, the light is at 1.30~2 o'clock position.

hope this help.

Very detailed descriptions! Thanks!

If you ain't got any knowledge on studio lightings, and would perhaps like to learn the image you attached, my advise is go slow first.. Do not just think that anything lighted on one side has only one side... You've got lots to go...

You may wanna learn a thing or two from some guy by the nick of ProImage... You should pick up something...:) A friend of mine went to him for basics lighting and found it to be pretty much what you needed to start with... and it's affordable too.

Cheers and good luck,

PBS

pointblankshots said:
If you ain't got any knowledge on studio lightings, and would perhaps like to learn the image you attached, my advise is go slow first.. Do not just think that anything lighted on one side has only one side... You've got lots to go...

You may wanna learn a thing or two from some guy by the nick of ProImage... You should pick up something...:) A friend of mine went to him for basics lighting and found it to be pretty much what you needed to start with... and it's affordable too.

Cheers and good luck,

PBS

Thanks, I will surely look into that if I think studio is the way to go.

I am quite confused by the usage of flash triggers. Lets say I were to use a 300D to trigger 3 strobes and a hotshoe flash mount on a light stand. What do I need?

1 transmitter on 300D?
3 x recievers on 3 x strobes?
Then the hotshoe flash how?

Finally, just to confirm, 300D do not have any ports for sync cords for the strobes, right? I can't seem to find any and its isn't mention in the manual.

Paiseh.... SO many doubts.

Thanks.

Ok... I got my doubts cleared somewhere else. Just need a IR trigger for everything. Ha...

Status
Not open for further replies.