Qn on K100D

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlw8888

Aug 16, 2007
Somewhere in heartland
how is this camera comparable to the common DSLR standards now? i only know that this cam is ard 2yrs old and can only does 2.8fps as compared to the nowadays 3-3.5fps.

paisei for asking such noob qn. :embrass:

K100d Super is the updated version of the K100d if you shoot sports and need more FPS then pentax is not for you :)
but all i can say k100d produces crystal clear jpgs straigh out of the cam. :)

To be frank, I prefer the picture produce out of this camera as compared to D40 and 400D. :)

Age is not a problem if you see the features of this camera which some other brand had lag off.

Shake Reduction is one of the most distinct differences. :)

i juz found that this DSLR dun have dust removal unlike K100D Super. is dust removal essential for a DSLR?

Out of impulse, I once rugged clean the sensor with my lens clothes, it affect the image, but after I clean again with those Lint free papper (non-abrasive-wipes Pec pad) not the main one which is a stick and soap with chemical (eclipse) dry fast..the sensor is pretty tought , not like but manufacturer claim..but I am not asking you to do this. I even wiped in any directions rather than from one side to the other. and it clean better .. one direction sometimes still have dusts.

I do this out of convenient and costs saving consideration and after reading about an article on how tought the sensor is equalvalent to optics spectacle..

You can check out my pics ..flickr.com/photos/nc_chia

That is one thing that, I feel that my K100D is very solid..and good for rugged beginner. can do many experiment, even dropped twice ..and is still good ..K100D should also be awarded tought cam of the year..

But don't hold me responsible, if you damage it, maybe only my k100d is unqiue..want me to feel good about it. StilL not so much pulled by the K20D ...feel rather better to spend on lens, not the body.

i juz found that this DSLR dun have dust removal unlike K100D Super. is dust removal essential for a DSLR?

It is not very important. You can always minimize the penetration of dust by changing lenses fast, indoor, facing the camera down. After learning this, I do not have dust problem anymore. :)

Also if you are not shooting at small aperture like F13 or F16, the dust would not be obvious. :)

Actually even the very first Pentax dSLR -- the *istD is still a very capable camera even comparing with the most latest dSLR cameras. It still takes great photos.

All dSLR cameras (be it a Pentax or non-Pentax) on the market or phased out ones are good enough for most amateurs. Some cameras are better than the others in some aspects, but IQ wise, they are all very good imo, especially at lower ISO. All these cameras are capapble of taking great photos when used wisely, but they take lousy photos too, even used by a pro. It's just a pro might be able to take more good photos than bad ones, while for us amateurs, we'd take more lousy ones than keepers.

Back to the topic, the K100D is still a great camera. I have both K10D and K100D, but the K100D is my daily camera due to its smaller size and lighter weight. IQ wise, I'm very happy with the JPG output from this camera. And I don't see any reason buying the K100D Super over the K100D at all if you are not planning to buy any SDM len in the near future. If you plan to have some SDM lenses after 2 years, well, you can get a K10D then at the price of a K100D now :D Besides, you can still use a SDM lens on K100D, it's just you won't have the smooth quiet AF, but the lens still does AF fine ;)

Cheers and happy shooting!

thks to all the gurus here for answering my qn. :) These info will help alot as i am still looking at the possibilities of joining a DSLR world.

Perhaps you can join DSLR world after K200D had released? Price might be over $1K but its like a K10D. :)

Weather-proof, dust removal, SR... More reason for you to join us if you find K100D cannot "seduce" you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.