Qn on how to use circular polariser

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkaiser

Aug 31, 2005
Bt Timah
Noob question on C-PL.. Say i'm taking a landscape photo, lots of sky with buildings/ forest @ the bottom.. where should i meter to get the nice blue sky? Or go manual?

These days hardly see the sun, wanna experiment oso damn hard.

where should i meter to get the nice blue sky? Or go manual?

I suggest that you go manual.

Look at the sky and depending on where you place your Zone 5. Difference zone placement will yield different results. I usually place my midtone near the underlining (shadow part) of the clouds.

Also, the direction of the sun is very important. You will not get blue sky if you shoot towards the sun.

I suggest that you go manual.

Look at the sky and depending on where you place your Zone 5. Difference zone placement will yield different results. I usually place my midtone near the underlining (shadow part) of the clouds.

Also, the direction of the sun is very important. You will not get blue sky if you shoot towards the sun.

u lost me there on the zones.. :embrass:

first, you must have a blue sky to start with.

second, to get the max effect of the polariser, the sun should be on your left or right, if you are facing the sun, you can't get any effect from polariser.

third, zone V(zone 5) ,means mid tone.
find where you want to place your mid tone, means where you want to take the meter reading from, and that area is expose as mid tone.

hmm i try n tell u...thanks

Ahhhh..... Another one bites the dust. This proves that Zone System is very confusing for some people. ;p

Ahhhh..... Another one bites the dust. This proves that Zone System is very confusing for some people. ;p

so when're you going to give me some pointers abt the zone system

so when're you going to give me some pointers abt the zone system

Attend my workshop lor.... I will tell you everything about the system and how to use it in your photography.

Attend my workshop lor.... I will tell you everything about the system and how to use it in your photography.

i'll prefer drinking coffee and sharing ideas than attending workshop.

i'll prefer drinking coffee and sharing ideas than attending workshop.

Good for you.... Where would you like to drink your coffee? You 'branja' me, and I will tell you briefly how to use the system. ;)

Good for you.... Where would you like to drink your coffee? You 'branja' me, and I will tell you briefly how to use the system. ;)

punggol is the best, there's a group of CSers use to meet up. Well AMK will be nearer to you - how's abt the Mcdonald opposite the AMK NLB.

punggol is the best, there's a group of CSers use to meet up. Well AMK will be nearer to you - how's abt the Mcdonald opposite the AMK NLB.

Wow... You read my mind. I was about to propose the McD across AMK library. PM me for date and time.

Wow... You read my mind. I was about to propose the McD across AMK library. PM me for date and time.

ok will pm you when I get my project done. :)

I stay in Sengkang. Can i join in? Am interested to learn too. :)

That's a walking distance from my house... Looks like you're gonna get a lot of treats! ;)

I am free on every Tuesday afternoon after 4. We can meet there once 'jopel' PM'ed me.

So here is my list of 'victims':
  1. jopel
  2. blueayz
  3. Rashkae
All of you are going to take turns to 'branja' me McCafe coffee.;)

er...metering for sky and c-pl are two diff things...with or without c-pl, metering for sky should still be taken into account...c-pl is only to enhance the blueness of the sky...me, I usually just take meter reading from the sky and adjust 2-2 1/2 stops brighter...sky should be about zone 7 or 8 right ;p ..

I am free on every Tuesday afternoon after 4. We can meet there once 'jopel' PM'ed me.

So here is my list of 'victims':
  1. jopel
  2. blueayz
  3. Rashkae
All of you are going to take turns to 'branja' me McCafe coffee.;)

Since 3 of us we branja you a whole meal lah! Else later you full of kopi become :p. But if next Tuesday I may not be able to make it. Unless after 8pm. I'm free on Wed to Sat before 6pm tho or I join you during another session. :sweatsm:

sky should be about zone 7 or 8 right ;p ..

Zone VIII for sky using a digital camera is suicidal.

The Zone System is used differently with a digital camera, that's all I can say. Otherwise, I will reveal too much of my trade secrets.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.