Qn on how to use circular polariser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zone VIII for sky using a digital camera is suicidal.

The Zone System is used differently with a digital camera, that's all I can say. Otherwise, I will reveal too much of my trade secrets.;)
that's why I mentioned 2 to 2 1/2 stop instead of 3...;)...which would be the correct one to adjust from zone 5 to zone 8...2 1/2 still quite ok, especially if tonal range very great and no choice (I'm advocate of exposing to the right;p ), otherwise can stick with 2 which is safe...3 stop would be very dangerous :)

that's why I mentioned 2 to 2 1/2 stop instead of 3...;)...which would be the correct one to adjust from zone 5 to zone 8...2 1/2 still quite ok, especially if tonal range very great and no choice (I'm advocate of exposing to the right;p ), otherwise can stick with 2 which is safe...3 stop would be very dangerous :)

You are quite close.... but not there yet. Using the Zone System with a digital camera has many factors to consider. First of all, you have to know the SBR of your scene before making assumptions.

I am free on every Tuesday afternoon after 4. We can meet there once 'jopel' PM'ed me.

So here is my list of 'victims':
  1. jopel
  2. blueayz
  3. Rashkae
All of you are going to take turns to 'branja' me McCafe coffee.;)

Good day boss..... I'm a newbie here and wished to be another of ya victims... Are u willing to take in one more victim??

Hv u guys met up ?? Can I join and split the cost??? hahahaha :bsmilie:

You are quite close.... but not there yet. Using the Zone System with a digital camera has many factors to consider. First of all, you have to know the SBR of your scene before making assumptions.
no lah, just giving general advice instead of hijacking thread and end up OT :)

Good for you.... Where would you like to drink your coffee? You 'branja' me, and I will tell you briefly how to use the system. ;)

Blanja you kopi.. ?
I won't mind ler ... I am still in the "dark" when using Cpl. Turn left or right. still Blurr
Pls PM me ler so I can meet you.
This Sat can or not ? AMK also can ;)

Blanja you kopi.. ?
I won't mind ler ... I am still in the "dark" when using Cpl. Turn left or right. still Blurr
Pls PM me ler so I can meet you.
This Sat can or not ? AMK also can ;)

Use the circular polariser is more of a trial and error method than pure science. It is 'where' and 'how' you meter that matters.

hmmm...wat if there s 10 pple going n each buy u 1 cuppa of kopi...the same day...:bsmilie:

hey, dun get offenced, just kidding

hmmm...wat if there s 10 pple going n each buy u 1 cuppa of kopi...the same day...:bsmilie:

hey, dun get offenced, just kidding

Okay..... I have to be very frank here and this may hurt some of you, but I have to get it straight. I don't like it when too many people think that just by buying me coffee, you can get freebies out from me. As I had mentioned earlier in this thread, I will only share the technique with you very briefly. If you are truly interested to learn the Zone System, please sign up for my workshop. It is very affordable.

I will restrict the number to 4 persons. Not more than that. And I expect you to read up before we meet. This is to save me time from explaining to you what the Zone System is about, and also to save yours from all that confusion. And trust me, you will get very confuse by the end of the day.

I know I sounded cocky, but come to think about it, hey...... nothing in this world is free.

Okay..... I have to be very frank here and this may hurt some of you, but I have to get it straight. I don't like it when too many people think that just by buying me coffee, you can get freebies out from me. As I had mentioned earlier in this thread, I will only share the technique with you very briefly. If you are truly interested to learn the Zone System, please sign up for my workshop. It is very affordable.

I will restrict the number to 4 persons. Not more than that. And I expect you to read up before we meet. This is to save me time from explaining to you what the Zone System is about, and also to save yours from all that confusion. And trust me, you will get very confuse by the end of the day.

I know I sounded cocky, but come to think about it, hey...... nothing in this world is free.
yah, learn something must invest the effort and don't look for handouts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.