qn on flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke-u-pine

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
under what conditions do you use this kind of flash?

main_index_e.php3

Can't see the flash, what's the model?

when u are a newspaperman or u just like to have big flash...

i thought it might be better than those ext flash units positioned on top of your camera cos' the flash is at the side

heh but wun it make ur pics look lopsided? afterall it's still a direct flash, unless these guns can do bounce, but the meca60 I saw like cannot leh... just looks like a beef mallet...

[joke]
;p unless the bracket mount is like 2 foot wide... then u look like a nikonos user
[/joke]

Originally posted by Poke-u-pine
i thought it might be better than those ext flash units positioned on top of your camera cos' the flash is at the side

It's good and powerful but the weight might be a bit too much....

Originally posted by denizenx
heh but wun it make ur pics look lopsided? afterall it's still a direct flash, unless these guns can do bounce, but the meca60 I saw like cannot leh... just looks like a beef mallet...

the flash can tilt and probably swivel too!

These types of flashes are all but antiquated nowadays. They're big, they're heavy and the smaller flashes like the Nikon SB28DX, 80DX, Canon 550EX etc are pretty good nowadays. These flashes DO swivel and bounce.

The only reasons why someone would want to use something like this is:

1. As a weapon. Instantly blinds your target. Or can use it to whack your target.

2. Places with extraordinarily high ceilings.

3. You are using ISO 100 film, ceiling is like 3 storeys high and you want to shoot f/8.

Regards
CK

The only reasons why someone would want to use something like this is ... As a weapon. Instantly blinds your target. Or can use it to whack your target.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.