Qn on C2040

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramagnus

Mar 10, 2002
Rivervale
Visit site
does it require a "uv" filter to protect the lens from scratches? heard from my friend that it requires a "converter" to fit in the filter. Do u know how it works and how much it costs? thx:rbounce:

Originally posted by ultramagnus
does it require a "uv" filter to protect the lens from scratches? heard from my friend that it requires a "converter" to fit in the filter. Do u know how it works and how much it costs? thx:rbounce:

The lens itself don't have thread to screw on lens or filters....thus the need for a adapter. Fior price chk wif those wif C-2040z, u can find them at my Oly Resource Thread. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2207

As for the UV filter, it's up to u but since it's quite cheap might as well get one to safeguard ur investment, right???

Originally posted by Jayan

The lens itself don't have thread to screw on lens or filters....thus the need for a adapter. Fior price chk wif those wif C-2040z, u can find them at my Oly Resource Thread. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2207

As for the UV filter, it's up to u but since it's quite cheap might as well get one to safeguard ur investment, right???

thx Jayan!!!

CALLING FCPGA, Lufu, Blitz, Nerdie, & fellow C2040 users, pls advise leh.

Actually Jayan has pretty much answered your question. Some people generally don't believe in covering their lens as this way they believe that the optics will deliver the best performance. (I'm referring to people who leave their uv filter on perpetually) Of course this very same people wouldn't hesitate to put on a uv environment if it's dusty, sandy etc

Bottomline is the kind of photographer you are and your photographic environment .

hth

Originally posted by Sphoenix
Actually Jayan has pretty much answered your question. Some people generally don't believe in covering their lens as this way they believe that the optics will deliver the best performance. (I'm referring to people who leave their uv filter on perpetually) Of course this very same people wouldn't hesitate to put on a uv environment if it's dusty, sandy etc

Bottomline is the kind of photographer you are and your photographic environment .

hth

aiya, u mis-understood me lah... I was asking for the price of the adapter used to secure the uv filter. ;)

The 43-37mm lens tube cost $40 from JOhn3:16. The 43-43mm Oly CLA-1 lens tube cost $30 from CP. For CLA-1 need another lens adapter so it won't crash the filter. The step-up ring cost around $8-$10.:)

does it require a "uv" filter to protect the lens from scratches?

oh didn't know there was any other way to interpret your question...:devil: :dunno: :D

well whatever... you've got the answer you're looking for now :D

Originally posted by Kevin
The 43-37mm lens tube cost $40 from JOhn3:16. The 43-43mm Oly CLA-1 lens tube cost $30 from CP. For CLA-1 need another lens adapter so it won't crash the filter. The lens adaptor cost around $8-$10.:)

If get CLA-1 u gotta then get a 43mm ~ XXmm (where XX is the desired filter size, common ones are 49mm, 52mm or 55 mm) step up ring to attach to this lens adapter. Then won't 'langah' the lens and filter together...it's ur choice.

Hi ultramagnus

My armour for my 2040 is as follows:

1) CLA-1 ($30)
2) 43-52mm step up ($8)
3) Tokina 52mm UV filter ($8)
4) Oly C-210 1.9x Teleconvertor ($70)

Yet to buy a Cir Polariser

All bought from CP during one of the SEED

If you dont want to step up which will block the view finder and flash, you can buy the vitacon 43-37 adaptor.

Kevin and Blitz are using that.

Originally posted by volk
Hi ultramagnus

My armour for my 2040 is as follows:

1) CLA-1 ($30)
2) 43-52mm step up ($8)
3) Tokina 52mm UV filter ($8)
4) Oly C-210 1.9x Teleconvertor ($70)

Yet to buy a Cir Polariser

All bought from CP during one of the SEED

If you dont want to step up which will block the view finder and flash, you can buy the vitacon 43-37 adaptor.

Kevin and Blitz are using that.

pardon my ignorance, i can't visualise a CLA-1, and how all these get hooked up together. Is it possible to show some pictures? It would be most helpful! (I'm getting all these info ready so i can bargain for everything at one go.)

pardon my ignorance, i can't visualise a CLA-1, and how all these get hooked up together. Is it possible to show some pictures? It would be most helpful! (I'm getting all these info ready so i can bargain for everything at one go.)

go for SEED, then no need to bargain so hard...:D

The following site describe all the adaptors and converters for Oly DC very well.

http://www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/c-2000z/lenses/index.htm

Been sometime since I came in liao :D

Pai seh unable to show u how the actual thing looks like, dun have another camera to take my C2040Z cam :D

Anyway the website Volk directed is enuff liao, all of us Oly users go there for reference.

Like what Volk has say too, mine is a 43mm to 37mm convertor same as Kevin. I'm putting it on 24/7 to protect the main lens, dun wanna take the risk :)

Originally posted by Blitz
Been sometime since I came in liao :D

Pai seh unable to show u how the actual thing looks like, dun have another camera to take my C2040Z cam :D

Anyway the website Volk directed is enuff liao, all of us Oly users go there for reference.

Like what Volk has say too, mine is a 43mm to 37mm convertor same as Kevin. I'm putting it on 24/7 to protect the main lens, dun wanna take the risk :)

Blitz, how much you pay for the adapter , the 41 to 37mm type?
Can we get it at seed in CP?

So 43-37mm is a "step-down" ring, can I call it that? :D That means if I buy filters and teleconverters they must be 37mm thread, am I right? Is 37mm a common size, as in, is it easy to buy on the market?

Originally posted by yunling
So 43-37mm is a "step-down" ring, can I call it that? :D That means if I buy filters and teleconverters they must be 37mm thread, am I right? Is 37mm a common size, as in, is it easy to buy on the market?
YEs. Sometimes may be not so easy to find 37mm accessaries but Blitz and some others seems to manage to find what they need. 37mm thread is more for Video.

Status
Not open for further replies.