Qn from PS newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

taymw

Nov 21, 2004
J.W, Singapore
Would like to ask from all the PS gurus here, I've a slight problem. I'm relatively new to PS and I'm trying out some stuffs.

How do I create a border template, where I can in future, open this template & drag the picture I want into this template? Thus, resulting in the picture having a border. Coz I'll like to use that specific border everytime.

And 2ndly, if the size of the template is much smaller (eg, 500 x 340) than the picture taken from my camera (eg, 2240 x 1488), how to I make the picture fit into that small template of mine? How do I go about cropping it & dragging it into my template?

Erm, hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to say here, coz I'm not very good in expressing. :sweat:

Anyway, thanks for reading & for your help! Very much appreciated! ;)

taymw said:
Would like to ask from all the PS gurus here, I've a slight problem. I'm relatively new to PS and I'm trying out some stuffs.

How do I create a border template, where I can in future, open this template & drag the picture I want into this template? Thus, resulting in the picture having a border. Coz I'll like to use that specific border everytime.

I think you just pretty much answered your own question. By your description I assume you already know how to make a border, just save it as an 'empty' template (PSD format) with the same dimensions of your final output, e.g. 500 x 340. To put in the photo into your template, just drag and drop the layer from your photograph to the template or do a copy and paste.

Be sure to save the result (border + photo) in a separate file instead of overwriting your template (use "File"->"Save As") - output as JPEG (use "File"->"Save for Web" instead if you are output for web display) or whatever format that suits your need.

And 2ndly, if the size of the template is much smaller (eg, 500 x 340) than the picture taken from my camera (eg, 2240 x 1488), how to I make the picture fit into that small template of mine? How do I go about cropping it & dragging it into my template?

Do an image resize ("Image"->"Image Size") so that it fits your template, do whatever adjustments there, then do a drag and drop/cut and paste.

Erm, hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to say here, coz I'm not very good in expressing. :sweat:

Anyway, thanks for reading & for your help! Very much appreciated! ;)

Looks like you don't need that much help after all. :)

okok, thanks! i've another question then, when i drag the resized pic into e template, it's slightly bigger than the template & covers my border slightly. is there any way for me to send the picture to the back, and bring the border to the front? so the picture will appear in the empty part of the template... with the border slightly covering the 4 sides of the photo. ya, something like that. is that possible?

taymw said:
it's slightly bigger than the template & covers my border slightly. is there any way for me to send the picture to the back, and bring the border to the front?

If you keep the picture and the border in separate layers, you can arrange the layer ordering at will.

hey guys, thanks for all yr help! i got it figured out already. haha, coz i couldn't find the 'arrange' option coz my background isn't a layer yet. anyway, thanks for all yr help!

Status
Not open for further replies.