Q on E-system from a Canon film user

Status
Not open for further replies.

edlye

Nov 28, 2004
Hi,

1st, a little b/g... I'm currently a Canon film user, and I've owned the EOS300D for a short while when it was first launched. I have to admit that I'm not really a digital fan as I found the image processing too tedious and time-consuming; which was why I sold off my EOS300D shortly after I got it.

I'm a weekend shooter and will generally only have time to get my prints back from processing and development a couple of days or up to a week later. I am reconsidering digital now because I've reach a point where I feel going the digital route will actually help to improve my skills - allowing me to see my shots in an instance, and possibly getting my prints out within a shorter lead time.

I haven't amassed a hugh lens collection ('only' five) but I'd like to explore the option of keeping my EF 50mm/f1.8MkII (essentially for macro use, but I haven't gotten the reverse adaptor yet), my EF-mount lensbaby toy lens and my Lecia Summicron-R 50mm/f2 if I do make a switch. Can I find out whether there are any EF-to-4/3 and LeicaR-to-4/3 mount adapters besides the USD175 one?

Lastly, some of you might ask why Oly and not stick with Canon? My ans: Why not?

if u want a quick and easy image editing program, use canon digital photo professional (DPP). :thumbsup:

the choice of body is up to you. lenses dont have to own too much. just own those that u really love to use

edlye said:
Hi,
I haven't amassed a hugh lens collection ('only' five) but I'd like to explore the option of keeping my EF 50mm/f1.8MkII (essentially for macro use, but I haven't gotten the reverse adaptor yet), my EF-mount lensbaby toy lens and my Lecia Summicron-R 50mm/f2 if I do make a switch. Can I find out whether there are any EF-to-4/3 and LeicaR-to-4/3 mount adapters besides the USD175 one?

5 lens is quite a collection already. u sure u want to switch? sorry to say but there's no adaptor for EF - 4/3 cos there's no aperture control (canon all electronic control). Leica on the other hand, has an adaptor. 2 in fact, if i m not mistaken. 1 for screw mount & the other for Leica R series.

with your no. of canon accessories, i think u might just want to look at the new 350D. petite & portable. :) unless u put great colours straight out from cam your utmost priority, then consider the switch.

hope this helps.

Adapting any other mount to 4/3 does not make a lot of sense. 4/3 was supposed created from 'ground up' to shed off all the legacy issues with adapting 35mm film to digital, including wide angle difficulties and CA issues. Oly's 4/3 lenses purportedly communicates distortion and CA info to the camera body for compensation.

Somebody will eventually make the adaptor, but you lose a lot of the advantages 4/3 was designed to have.

edlye said:
Lastly, some of you might ask why Oly and not stick with Canon? My ans: Why not?

Oly is the sytem which I encounter that I do not edit much to achieve good pictures. :thumbsup:

But my advice to U that since U got 5 lenses already, just stick to Your System. Dun Switch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.