Q - K Adaptor!

Am tempted to get the Q with adaptor and use my Limited pancakes on it just for giggles.

On the other hand, my wallet disagrees.

as I expected, the K-Q adapter finally out.

cant wait to try the 400mm f5.6 on it, that is 2200mm equip. without lose light, still a f5.6 lens.
which I will definitely give up waiting for the "Fuji HS30" for cheap super telephoto for the 800mm reach at f6.3.

maybe someone later gets the thing, can try together. ha ha

as I expected, the K-Q adapter finally out.

cant wait to try the 400mm f5.6 on it, that is 2200mm equip. without lose light, still a f5.6 lens.
which I will definitely give up waiting for the "Fuji HS30" for cheap super telephoto for the 800mm reach at f6.3.

maybe someone later gets the thing, can try together. ha ha

pardon me if i'm wrong.... but from my understanding doesn't the higher crop factor due to the smaller sensor simply give the impression of a narrower perspective that of a longer focal length as compared a larger sensor, without actually increasing the zoom of lens in question - similar to digital zoom in p&s cameras or simply cropping in post? which is to say that you can achieve the same output by aggressively cropping pictures taken by the 400mm lens on your k5 as compared to mounting the lens on a high-crop factor camera like the Q? :dunno:

pardon me if i'm wrong.... but from my understanding doesn't the higher crop factor due to the smaller sensor simply give the impression of a narrower perspective that of a longer focal length as compared a larger sensor, without actually increasing the zoom of lens in question - similar to digital zoom in p&s cameras or simply cropping in post? which is to say that you can achieve the same output by aggressively cropping pictures taken by the 400mm lens on your k5 as compared to mounting the lens on a high-crop factor camera like the Q? :dunno:

The same area taken up by the Q would have much more pixels than what you're suggesting with the K-5...

I suspect the lens resolution might be a limiting factor here, rather than the sensor?

550px-Sensor_sizes_overlaid_inside.svg.png

K-7 14 MegaPixel, after crop to the Q sensor,
APSC sensor can be filled 10 Q sensor tiling up.

how much pixel you can get from croping a 14 mega pixel to achieve 2200 equip.

while Q has 12 MegaPixel native at that size. the crop from 14 Mega picture gives roughly 2 MegaPixel.

from their Demo of put on the DA* lens at 250mm, I suppose the lens should be fine, since the old lens is used for Film (40 Mega equip or higher, I guess based from 5D2);

35mm film may be able to fill 20 Q sensor, 40 Mega /20, that is 2 Megapixel the old lens suppose to hold at that size any way. ha ha

Last edited:
i stand corrected. thanks for the clarification! :thumbsup:

35mm film may be able to fill 20 Q sensor, 40 Mega /20, that is 2 Megapixel the old lens suppose to hold at that size any way. ha ha

thats a good approximation :) i'm no expert on this but i think it also depends on the type of film (e.g. velvia) and the lens used.

the bottom line is that notwithstanding small sensor and crop, the images produced based on the samples are "good enough" for general / hobbyist use.

don't think pentax can convince a lot of pro wildlife photographers to dump their gear for the Q though ;)

Cool. Hope to see Pentax 110 to Q adapter soon, then I can use the Pentax Q with my Pentax 110 lenses :D

acutally I look forward to see the C mount to Q mount adapter, got f1.0 constant fast cctv zoom lens. and other f1.x prime lens.