Q > Anyone brought a drycab to Australia?

jgabs

Aug 21, 2012
Singapore
As the title says, does anyone had any problem bringing their dry cabinets to Australia? Thanks.

As the title says, does anyone had any problem bringing their dry cabinets to Australia? Thanks.
Brought mine over many many years ago when first moved here, but I have never turned it on. Plug is different but simple to change over and it’s 230V here so same as Singapore.

Depending on where you are, the climate here is a lot drier than Singapore with humidity frequently in the low-mid 50s. Only place where humidity might be a problem would be in Queensland, Northen Territories and the northerly areas of NSW and WA where they get a lot more rain.

Anyway to your question, yes dry cabinets can be brought in. Whether it is useful or not will depend.

just curious .... why ?
I figure its the same as bringing in electronics , just pack it properly

Just to add to this, Tasmania is pretty wet compared to the rest of Australia. Not only that, Australia is vast with very different climates and average temperatures across the country.

I've been living in Melbourne for years and I've never needed a dry cabinet for any of my electronics. My lens has been sitting on the same shelf in a cloth bag for years and nothing has happened to it (yet).