Q abt len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisa

Aug 13, 2004
There is some information on the lens, between the "nikon" logo and the word "DX" what does the "ft" and the m "m" mean?
I don't understand it, can someone explain it to me? :dunno:

I still don't understand. :dunno:

Nisa said:
There is some information on the lens, between the "nikon" logo and the word "DX" what does the "ft" and the m "m" mean?
I don't understand it, can someone explain it to me? :dunno:

ft = feet
m = metres

The distance scale tells you the distance the lens is focused at.

feet & metres.

its the scale for the lense's focusing distance.

so for example, now my ft is 4.5, i am shooting at a object 4.5ft away and if it's a 2 at my m. then i am shooting at an object 2 m away from me? :dunno:

Nisa said:
so for example, now my ft is 4.5, i am shooting at a object 4.5ft away and if it's a 2 at my m. then i am shooting at an object 2 m away from me? :dunno:

It means that lens is focused at a point 2 m away.

Thanks for the help :sweat:
Pardon me for my ignorance. :cry:

the DX means it is those new line-up of lenses targeted at nikon's existing Dslr which have the 1.5x crop factor. basically they are made slightly differently to reduce side, weight, cost, etc and most importantly they are optimised as the main concerns is that they take the 1.5x crop factor into account.

on film body then also can be used but for a certain range of focal lengths (lower down the zoom spectrum) they cause vignetting on film body because film is fullframe (crop factor is 1x ie no crop at all) and the DX lens like as mentioned its made sligtly different than normal non DX nikon lens (dont have to dwell to exact into excatly how it is different than non-DX)

Status
Not open for further replies.