q? about DSLr

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
does the image on the DSLR something like what u see is what u get on the lcd??

if u change the shutter speed would u see the image on the lcd how the image would appear on that particular shutter speed?

how about depth of field does it show u exactly what depth of view u would get?/

or is it like the normal slr , what u see may not be what u get.

Simply put,

Q: does the image on the DSLR something like what u see is what u get on the lcd??

A: The LCD featured on DSLRs is for reviewing purpose only. You cannot use it to compose your shot like what you do on a normal DC.

Q: if u change the shutter speed would u see the image on the lcd how the image would appear on that particular shutter speed?

A: Normally, settings such as Aperture, Shutter and Exposure are shown on the top information LCD and in the viewfinder, they are not shown on the LCD. The only time you will see these values on the LCD is when you are reviewing the photographic settings for the shots you had taken.

Q: how about depth of field does it show u exactly what depth of view u would get?/

A: Most camera in this range will feature a DOF preview button, this will allow you to judge the sharpness/DOF thru your viewfinder.

Q: or is it like the normal slr , what u see may not be what u get.

A: You can say that to a certain extend, however, the result is highly dependent on the kind of setting you use, what you see thru the viewfinder serves as an indication.

:)

q1. yes, approximately

q2. no. the image on lcd appears only after u took the shot. so if u want to know how the pic will look like for a different shutter speed....to only way is to use brain to imagine and work it out

q3. yes, very approximately. to have a good gauge of DOF, look at your viewfinder even though it can be quite dark at times. DOF effects will be more pronounced when u use telephoto lens

q4. what u see in viewfinder is a good approximation of what u get

Originally posted by klein

quite on the contraty. even for a normal slr, what you see is very close to what you get.

maybe it's just me, but I find digicams LCDs are never close to the displaying the right colour

Originally posted by munfai
quite on the contraty. even for a normal slr, what you see is very close to what you get.

maybe it's just me, but I find digicams LCDs are never close to the displaying the right colour

I think he mean that if you change settings like aperture and shutter speed for a DSLR and you focus on the subject you won't see the effect of a 1/100 shutter speed shot and a 1/200 shutter speed shot until the shot is taken and previewed on the LCD.

So what you see through the lens for 1/100 and 1/200 maybe the same, but the end result (meaning the LCD preview) may be different.

So what you see is not really what you get in that sense.

Originally posted by newuser
I think he mean that if you change settings like aperture and shutter speed for a DSLR and you focus on the subject you won't see the effect of a 1/100 shutter speed shot and a 1/200 shutter speed shot until the shot is taken and previewed on the LCD.

So what you see through the lens for 1/100 and 1/200 maybe the same, but the end result (meaning the LCD preview) may be different.

if you intepret it that way, yes, true...

Originally posted by newuser

this will be the same for all cameras right, whether film cameras or digital cameras and whether the view finder or LCD? e.g. if you change the shutter speed to 1s, you won't want to see just blurred motion of moving objects.

of course it is not possible to see the blurred motion. after all, the shot has not been taken and the camera has absolutely no way to predict what's going to get blurred

Originally posted by klein

I stand to be corrected but I don think there is any cam out that can perform WYSIWYG... especially when you are playing with shutter speeds and apecture settings.

DSLR like SLR uses optical viewfinders and share similar properties and flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.