Q about Digi Cabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoxknocks

Sep 19, 2004
lalaland
www.tinydotphotography.com
been using my DHC-80 for more than 7 months. Recently, the humidity display seems to hover between 60-70%. in extreme cases, it goes up to 80%. I've set the humidity at 45%.

is the heating unit (at the external rear of the cabinet) supposed to be warm or hot? mine is cold.

if it's really spoilt, can anyone point me to where to repair it? should be under warranty

thanks! :)

Bring it back to DigiCabi. Tink the dehumidifier should be under 1 year warranty right? I know the cabinet itself is 5 years warranty. Or you can always call them and ask :)

Another possibility is that the rainy weather is not helping. Even so, it should not shoot up so high :(. Mine usually hovers at 46%, but went up to about 49-50% these past few days.

You may want to 'reset' the dial again & monitor first.

nyxx88 said:
Another possibility is that the rainy weather is not helping. Even so, it should not shoot up so high :(. Mine usually hovers at 46%, but went up to about 49-50% these past few days.

You may want to 'reset' the dial again & monitor first.

reset the dial?

The unit should feel warm when the External door is opened (drying cycle).

eh hi ppl
how how
mine is worse
keep staying at 43%

and the back of the dry cabi has water in it.
wats happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just about a year plus only!
:confused:

anyone can teach me how to use silicon gel?
thanks

saraluna said:
eh hi ppl
how how
mine is worse
keep staying at 43%

and the back of the dry cabi has water in it.
wats happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just about a year plus only!
:confused:

anyone can teach me how to use silicon gel?
thanks
If the Red and Green lamp (LED) on the Dehumidizer unit (behind of the digital Dry Cab) is ON, the Demumidizer unit is working.

If Dehumidizer unit contain water, it should be normal, as dehumidizer unit will get rid 'water on the air' inside the Dry Cab. But if you think too much, it could be because the door's seal is broken, or you open the door too often. In this case, you can try to help the humidizer unit to remove the water. Go figure it out yourself (tilt the Dry Cab, remove your lenses and camera first please), or use tissue to absord the water.

Staying at 43% should be ok if you are not open the door. The recommended range for Photography equipment is 40%-50%.

Small amount of Silica Gel is also good (kiatsu a bit, I also put for double protection). No need to maintain. Just put it there and it will work together with dehumidizer unit. Get the white Silica Gel if you can, since the blue one is Carcinogen (I don't realized until few days ago learn from this forum, better safe than sorry).

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Small amount of Silica Gel is also good (kiatsu a bit, I also put for double protection). No need to maintain. Just put it there and it will work together with dehumidizer unit. Get the white Silica Gel if you can, since the blue one is Carcinogen (I don't realized until few days ago learn from this forum, better safe than sorry).

Regards,
Arto.

wah chim
wats carcinogen
i just bought the blue one
=/
thnks anyway

I have some doubts on how these dehumidifiers works. I bought a DB 36 a week ago together with a colleague. Hence, we were like comparing among ourselves on the position that we shld be tuning the dial so that it will hit the 40% - 50% range. However, I realize that that we do not meet: for example, i could be hitting 40% when the dial is pointing at 10 o'clock but he hits 40% at 12 o'clock position.

This makes me wonder if:
1) The dehumidifier control works so what like a thermostat - each dial position will dictate a specific manufacturer's setting (eg xxx%...). Hence, the controls keeps 'drying' the air in the cabinet until the desired RH is reached and stopped. It is like saying i want to heat a kettle of water until 50 degrees. Once it hit 50 degrees, it stops; or

2) The dehumidifier control works independent of the actual RH - each dial position will dictate how hard shld it be drying the cabinet. It is like saying, in the context of heating a kettle of water, I will always add a 1m branch to support the burning fire. Depend on how much water there are in the kettle, it might not always boil.

(2) is different from (1) as the former is dependent on the local environment that you are in. Assuming (1) is valid and a test is done on a same unit in two vastly different location (Singapore and desert). Without changing the position, the same RH value will be achieved.

However, if (2) is true, the unit will have to work harder in Singapore to change the RH to the 40% range in general than the unit in a desert, while maintaining the dial position unchanged. While keeping the unit at the same place and dial unchanged but yet the RH changes, it would means that the RH of the environment has changed.

In view of my experience with my colleague and the example stated in this threadstarter, I tend to believe (2) is true and that the situation faced by Knoxknocks in the rising RH is normal?

Appreciate your views, pls. Sorry if this does not make sense. :sweat:

RainbowSix said:
I have some doubts on how these dehumidifiers works. I bought a DB 36 a week ago together with a colleague. Hence, we were like comparing among ourselves on the position that we shld be tuning the dial so that it will hit the 40% - 50% range. However, I realize that that we do not meet: for example, i could be hitting 40% when the dial is pointing at 10 o'clock but he hits 40% at 12 o'clock position.

This makes me wonder if:
1) The dehumidifier control works so what like a thermostat - each dial position will dictate a specific manufacturer's setting (eg xxx%...). Hence, the controls keeps 'drying' the air in the cabinet until the desired RH is reached and stopped. It is like saying i want to heat a kettle of water until 50 degrees. Once it hit 50 degrees, it stops; or

2) The dehumidifier control works independent of the actual RH - each dial position will dictate how hard shld it be drying the cabinet. It is like saying, in the context of heating a kettle of water, I will always add a 1m branch to support the burning fire. Depend on how much water there are in the kettle, it might not always boil.

(2) is different from (1) as the former is dependent on the local environment that you are in. Assuming (1) is valid and a test is done on a same unit in two vastly different location (Singapore and desert). Without changing the position, the same RH value will be achieved.

However, if (2) is true, the unit will have to work harder in Singapore to change the RH to the 40% range in general than the unit in a desert, while maintaining the dial position unchanged. While keeping the unit at the same place and dial unchanged but yet the RH changes, it would means that the RH of the environment has changed.

In view of my experience with my colleague and the example stated in this threadstarter, I tend to believe (2) is true and that the situation faced by Knoxknocks in the rising RH is normal?

Appreciate your views, pls. Sorry if this does not make sense. :sweat:

Haha.. . it's so kind of you to mention me in your post.. . "I am that colleague".. .. ;p

Your views are very acadamic.. .. have you considered if our sets of out-of-order??

To all who are using digi-cabi, may I how where is your dial pointing at? 9 o'clock?

shouyi said:
Haha.. . it's so kind of you to mention me in your post.. . "I am that colleague".. .. ;p

Your views are very acadamic.. .. have you considered if our sets of out-of-order??

To all who are using digi-cabi, may I how where is your dial pointing at? 9 o'clock?
Both my digi-cabi 20L & 60L dial pointing at 10 o'clock 42% ( Just 1 step above A )

Mine is around 10 o'clock too.
The green light will get dimmer when it starts to gets nearer to 9 o'clock.

Perhaps the non-uniformity is also due to the environment around it.

Mine is in the air-con room which normally have air-con on for 12 hours per day.

Mine is maintained at 40% (raise to 42 after door opening)

How come you guys set it so low? from my manuals it stated that for Cameras, Lenses setting should be 55%-45%.

Lowering makes it better? I dunno please advise... for now I'd rather stick with what appears on the documentation.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.